Don’t you feel a pillock when….

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
zimtim

Re: Don’t you feel a pillock when….

Post by zimtim »

Ive done the sideatand down and gone to pullaway for bike to stall, I
tried pulling away about 5-6 times before relaising the mistake the person i was riding with thought is was hilarious.

Also sat in car park watching a young man with his gilfriend trying to start his bike with no luck
he must of fiddled with key countless got off his bike a couple of times looking very proffesional in front of the other half in checking fuel, ht leads etc but still no start.
Walked over to see if i could help, he said nah his bike was fooked he was going to call a mate with van to come
pick them up.
Ok says I, flicked his kill switch and pressed starter and bike fired up straigh away. the look on the girls face was priceless :D :D
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

About 12 years ago I was trail riding alone on my KTM 400 EXC somewhere Near East Ilsley on the Berkshire downs. I diverted slightly off track to link up another route and came across a large shallow pond set in a natural dip. It was about 25 metres wide and I could see the other side of it very clearly. I started to go through it in first gear only to slowly disappear virtually beneath the surface (up to at least seat level). I had actually entered a farmers slurry pit. It took me about 30 mins to drag the bike out. I felt such a pillock for not properly checking first…and for straying off-piste. My riding gear stank to high heaven and the whole thing felt like sinking into shitty blancmange… :lol:
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

Some years ago we were meeting friends at a local pub. As we turned up a couple were leaving and their starter was whirring away but not turning the engine over. Sounded like a classic damaged ring gear on the flywheel. I told the guy to put the car in a high rear and release the handbrake. I leaned on the car so it moved a bit and then told him to take it out of gear and turn the key. Starter engaged and the car started. His first reaction was thanks and "What did you do?". I just smiled and walked away!

tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...

Return to “THE PUB”