To impress people we don't even like
Seminole

Re: Don’t run out of fuel

Post by Seminole »

Price allready going up at the pumps round my way
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

The gas price hike is to get us away from using gas for heating, and the fuel shortage will worsen in an attempt to to convert us to electric vehicles, we’re doomed I tell you, dooooomed!!
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Is this another example of us "taking back control"?
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Just more irresponsible media coverage IMO.

A few fuel stations don't get a delivery so plaster all media outlets with "fuel shortage" - guaranteed to start people queueing needlessly and driving around with full tanks, rather than 1/2 full.

The media has a lot to answer for, as do thoughtless sheeples. :roll:
Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

:mrgreen: I totally agree that the press are just encouraging and exiting the public.
I heard off the TV this morning, whilst stuffing me cereals down " 5 petrol stations have now closed"
Its not even worth reporting like they are.
A Number - several - many - some
Johnny B should know better - :mrgreen: " The Yorkshire Worrier" :mrgreen:
No offence John - yer a great chap
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

As most trail riders will have noticed, small filling stations in rural areas have been closing for good for years.
We've concentrated petrol retail in the hands of big retailers and distributors and created a weak and unreliable supply chain. this is just a symptom of that.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Apart from panic buying, the main problem is the shortage of HGV drivers. Just as the FTA and the RHA told the government would happen prior to Brexit. Obviously they were not listened to as they were experts. The shortage was worsened by Covid as a large number of our HGV drivers were EU nationals who went home to be with their families and now can’t return as they are not essential workers. The huge delays at Swansea in issuing licences, due in part to a shortage of workers, as those from the EU went home etc. has compounded the problem.
The more serious concern is the impact that this will have on inflation. Virtually all our food and goods are at some point transported by HGVs. Already firms are doing what the government told them and putting up the wages of drivers in order to attract ‘British’ workers, this cost will be passed on to the consumer. There is also a shortage of dust bin men in many areas leading to many firms like Serco reneging on their contracts with local authorities. Put this on top of rising costs and the cut in the benefit top up and you have a recipe which will make the winter a grim prospect for many UK citizens.
This is what we took back control for.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Increasing truck drivers wages is a very good thing, as they have been eroded for years.
Better wages will be very good for that industry, and they can stick their rates up.
Transport is still too cheap...you can get stuff delivered next day for nothing. Shocking!

DVLA have been on strike, preventing other people from doing vital work. Sod em! And particularly the bent little clerks who over-ride the decisions made by top doctors about determining whether people can drive, even though they have never set eyes on the person concerned.
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

We were working in Penryn today, or should I say I was whilst Liz went paddle boarding on the Fal estuary, every fuel station had queues out on to the roads. Asda in Penryn looked like a punch up as people were blocking others from entering the main store car park in case they doubled back and jumped the queue from the opposite direction. Made my day being able to watch it whilst working.

Only draw back was I didn't have enough fuel myself to divert by Richards and buy his 525.

Return to “THE PUB”