are bikes getting too big?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
mark vb

Re: are bikes getting too big?

Post by mark vb »

Billy Bananahead wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:18 pm I'm taking over as the club Shows and Events organiser. Oh fuck :? :|
Oh fuck indeed! I may now have to re-join.... the Cats is out of the bag now 🤣!
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

mark vb wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:29 pm
Billy Bananahead wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:18 pm I'm taking over as the club Shows and Events organiser. Oh fuck :? :|
Oh fuck indeed! I may now have to re-join.... the Cats is out of the bag now 🤣!
And in reply to one of your previous posts, Nick Loftus is still about, always goes to the AGM, and Sharky bought a FZ1 and basically disappeared, though i did buy loads of bits off him at one stage. He used to organise Ste's Memorial Run round the Elan Valley but has faded into the background though a bloke called JT has revived it the last two years during the AGM.
AGM is at Baskerville Hall again next year, mid September next time.
Lampy and Hairy were there this weekend and they both remember you. See you about. :P
Onenoodles

Post by Onenoodles »

mark vb wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:24 pm
Onenoodles wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:37 pm you remember Steve from Cheshire who sadly passed away far too early?
Yeah, I remember Steve (or Ste as has was known) very well. When he knew I was after a scale model of the XJR he posted his spare one to me and refused any payment. I never got to see him again to buy him a drink. What a great, generous guy.
I'm guessing you are 'Noodles' from the XJROC 😄?
You would be correct mate ;) ... I had some great rides and loved my XJR's and used to love the Broadway run out ... Ste was a great lad and always helped lads out, it was sad when he left us. I used to laugh how we all did all the same mods, wheels polished, wider bars, grill guards, risers, clear tail & indicator lenses ... then was it Scorpion, Blueflame or Akro's? :D :D :D ... Dave from the Wirral sorted a lovely one though some years back ... really trick lights and single seat job if I remember correctly? Then there was Big Al from Rochdale, Sparky (Wales?) ... good times.
Mike Wrights

Post by Mike Wrights »

Are bikes getting too big?

I don't think so as you can buy a bike for the type of riding you do. The 1290 SAR I have is perfect for long days and distances being stable as well as carrying endless gear I have collected over the years.

Pass a truck and gone are the days of being nearly buffeted off. Makes a more relaxed and comfortable ride. Yes its massive compared to earlier bikes but exactly what I needed.

For off road travel I use a smaller bike more suitable to the job.
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Yes. My wife was keen to get back into riding but even 300cc bikes are too big/bulky/fat. Too wide in the middle. Too bulky arround the tank and too tall.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

If she doesn't want a trail bike, then the Enfield Meteor 350 would be one to try.

Trail bike...Yam TW or Suzuki Van Van...or a Gas Gas Pampera...my Mk III may be on the market soon (one owner from new, and one of the last 2 imported to the UK)

Return to “THE PUB”