Scary movie...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Scary movie...

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

The scary thing is...my first bike was a Triumph Tiger Cub (like Tom's friend's) and I once worked for a removal company that had a Bedford like the one Tom overtakes (even then, though, it was very old).

An even scarier fact is that my 1968 Cub seemed very old in 1977 (when I had it), but was considerably younger than any of my bikes are now...and yet I don't get approached by people asking if I restored them or anything.

garyboy

Re: Scary movie...

Post by garyboy »

I didn't watch the clip, Richard, as i will not watch crashes ... I was saying the same to our gardener a few weeks ago when he started on about crashes ... a week later he was in a bike crash .. broken legs and ribs etc, but ok. ... I will not even think about it ... bad luck.
SteveWat

Post by SteveWat »

I watched it and I do my own gardening.
I’ve seen it before, but it’s so interesting watching “old” bike stuff!
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Love it! I’d really like to think I rode with the finesse of the sensible guy though to be fair, stick a moustache on the other chap and that could be me sometimes 😂
However with even the best rider did anyone notice that he almost ploughed an old lady at the crossing? 😂😂😂
23E6D7C0-85AB-49A4-8729-452C8CB31BCF.png
23E6D7C0-85AB-49A4-8729-452C8CB31BCF.png (475.12 KiB) Viewed 1474 times
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Hilarious, to be fair that matchless sounds great!
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

God that's a truly awful, staggeringly patronising film. :lol: :lol:

I'd rather spend a week as Tom's friend than a decade as Tom. Boring bastard. Just get a car, Tom - you're never going to have any fun on a bike mate!

Actually that film is a good instruction for young people today. If any old rose-tinted codgers ever tell you that everything was better back in the old days (as they so often seem to do), just watch that and thank your lucky stars that you're not living as Tom in the 1960s.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

ok, so I watched the film, and now do some gardening duties vacated by the gardener in hospital after his bike crash.
I dont think Tom would last long riding like that in modern traffic, as most car drivers are like his friend ... and those Hand Signals!!! the wobbles, the turning around .. now its a quick glance in the mirrors and indicator .... so dated ... the wolf whistle?
HarveyCamm

Post by HarveyCamm »

Wow don't the roads look different - there's gallons of white & yellow paint all over them nowadays and hundreds of signs everywhere! Also I can imagine the constabulary interest if you rode around with your headlight covered over by an L plate now :P

Poor old Tom's friend, never made it to getting a name :D

Return to “THE PUB”