Global Warming?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Re: Global Warming?

Post by garyboy »

as Jak says, measuring climate change is complex, and i have been pondering what the causes and effects of small changes are.

I would say that `climate change` should be more accurately defined as `climate disruption`, as i don't think there is so much a global heating as a global disruption, which in the short term means a general heating. But the Earth will respond, biologically and physically, and could even become cooler in future years (and enter the ice age predicted in my youth?). Scientists make mistakes on even simple predictions of global heating: we could be inadvertently increasing disruption by trying to counteract recent climate and weather trends?

Planting trees to counteract human activity, reduction of human populations, increasing the natural plankton and algae in the oceans which have been decimated by humans etc etc are all good stuff .. but on their own is not enough to slow down present trends. The jet stream has got more wobbly and less strong, even recently .. but what are the causes? .. is it just human effects? .. or are there more galacatic forces at play?....do we need the well-overdue mass volcanic eruptions to replenish air gasses? and reduce the human population? .. as sober thought ... so many variables ... I was just wondering what people on here are thinking .. perhaps i have posted on the wrong forum lol.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

We need to sell our polluting motorcycles, go for electric scooters

Braaap
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I totally agree JB .. in the interests of saving the planet and getting a medal for services to humanity, I swapped my crf250L for a Ebike. :D :D :D

I still got the Honda NC750, but that is low revving and quiet lol
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

garyboy wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:10 am ... I was just wondering what people on here are thinking .. perhaps i have posted on the wrong forum lol.
You can post what you want where you want, Gary. And you have. But don't be surprised or offended if you post nonsense when people call it nonsense. These are your crazy posts - you need to own them. You seem to feel insulted when the outlandishness of your 'beliefs' are pointed out to you. Personally if I say something ridiculous I expect to be ridiculed. If you're just looking for validation and for others to agree with you there are loads of social media sites where you can commune with like minds. But regardless of all that, I never post out of malice or deliberately to upset people, so please never take anything personally. If I think what you say is fruitloop it doesn't follow that that means I dislike you or anything like that. Actually I find it quite endearing, sometimes enjoyable, and I'm really glad you're a regular part of this forum.

Anyway, total and complete change of subject: I just came across this video of an artist painting a portrait from blank to finish, and I thought of you and your artistic efforts. I only wish I could paint like this - just one brush size throughout. It's great to see how it develops from nothing:

garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Was going to go out on the bike today, but just too cold for my old bones ... roll on that promised IceAge I says .. let's get it over and done eh?

Trouble is, all the big people will die out, as well as the big beasts of commerce and industry. At least the sale of knobbly tyres should provide a good living for some.

Return to “THE PUB”