Size is everything

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Snaf MKII

Re: Size is everything

Post by Snaf MKII »

Godspeed wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:21 am Caterhams are very nice, but they still get stuck in traffic. I overtook one once on my C90 cause he was stuck at the lights 😂
Are C90s like push bikes and don't need to stop at lights :lol: :lol: :lol:
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Snaf MKII wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:18 pm
Godspeed wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:21 am Caterhams are very nice, but they still get stuck in traffic. I overtook one once on my C90 cause he was stuck at the lights 😂
Are C90s like push bikes and don't need to stop at lights :lol: :lol: :lol:
Must admit I have just got off it and pushed it across the crossing a few times to beat the lights…. 😉
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Ha ha , fiat panda was mentioned earlier. Loved mine and was a great car off road, ended up cutting the roof off as wanted a cabriolet to take to run to the sun in cornwall mid 90s, it collapsed down the road .:))

But yeh cars have got bigger and parking spaces aint!
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Helicoptermanr22 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:00 pm Ha ha , fiat panda was mentioned earlier. Loved mine and was a great car off road, ended up cutting the roof off as wanted a cabriolet to take to run to the sun in cornwall mid 90s, it collapsed down the road .:))
Excellent. Love mad shit like that. For a while in about 1985 i had a Fiat X19. Remember them? Minute little car. I flung it round a corner showing off in front of a pub in Holyport mid-summer with everyone drinking outside, and I lost it completely. There were these white-painted rocks at the edge of the common. I ended up on top of one of them balanced like an utter nob. With help from the drinkers I got the car to the side of the road. When I tried to put the targa-top roof back on it fell though the gap! I had bent the car double! :lol:
Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Ha ha brilliant, FIAT fix it again tomorrow. But loved em.
My XI9 never started in the rain. Sold it to my sister for a bit more so ever since then she hated me. Still does to be fair!:)))
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

You could say the same about bikes. Compare an original GS80 with the latest version, or the ultimate superbike in it's day the Vincent Black Shadow with a Rocket 3.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Jak* wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:04 am You could say the same about bikes. Compare an original GS80 with the latest version, or the ultimate superbike in it's day the Vincent Black Shadow with a Rocket 3.
The Rocket 3 is bloody enormous isn't it? I was stood next to one in Limoges yesterday. If you think back to the big monster drag-strip - type bike of the 1980s - the Yamaha V-Max - that seemed like a really big bike back then but it looks tiny next to a modern Rocket 3 !!

But sports bikes have generally (not always) gone the other way. A GPZ900 of 1984 is much bigger, heavier, FAR less powerful and has hugely inferior handling to a Ducati Panigale. The thing I still can't get completely used to, design-wise, is the vanishing seat unit.... The Aprilia RSV4 kind of kicked it off. A lot of sports bikes pretty much stop behind the seat now and I'm not sure I like that stumpy tail look. If you've ever owned a 92-98 Fireblade you'll know how much can be squeezed inside a nice big tail unit.
fatowl

Post by fatowl »

daveuprite wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:50 am
Jak* wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:04 am You could say the same about bikes. Compare an original GS80 with the latest version, or the ultimate superbike in it's day the Vincent Black Shadow with a Rocket 3.
The Rocket 3 is bloody enormous isn't it? I was stood next to one in Limoges yesterday. If you think back to the big monster drag-strip - type bike of the 1980s - the Yamaha V-Max - that seemed like a really big bike back then but it looks tiny next to a modern Rocket 3 !!

But sports bikes have generally (not always) gone the other way. A GPZ900 of 1984 is much bigger, heavier, FAR less powerful and has hugely inferior handling to a Ducati Panigale. The thing I still can't get completely used to, design-wise, is the vanishing seat unit.... The Aprilia RSV4 kind of kicked it off. A lot of sports bikes pretty much stop behind the seat now and I'm not sure I like that stumpy tail look. If you've ever owned a 92-98 Fireblade you'll know how much can be squeezed inside a nice big tail unit.
I agree, I hate the cut off,unfinished look of these bikes without rear ends. Also, they are so impractical in wet weather, you get blathered up with spray.

Return to “THE PUB”