Recommendations for GAP Insurance

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Helicoptermanr22

Re: Recommendations for GAP Insurance

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

It would be a confliction of interests and being two different types if ins cover i guess
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Helicoptermanr22 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:29 am It would be a confliction of interests and being two different types if ins cover i guess
Why can't they just insure the car for what it was bought for and adjust the premium to suit?
The control of 'value', excess, premiums and the resulting Gap is just a smoke screen to sell you 2 policies to make them more money.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

When I was in the motorcycle trade, I recall several 'difficult' conversations when bikes newly-purchased on Hp were written off...because the payout went to the finance company because they owned the bike.
The rider lost their insurance (because the write-off finished the policy), and the deposit, and anything else they'd paid for the bike.
I've always been keen to avoid finance on anything other than a mortgage since. If you can't afford the outright purchase, then get finance (ie a bank loan) that isn't directly secured on the asset.
McVicar

Post by McVicar »

Or better still, if you can't afford to buy it outright, don't buy it.

Return to “THE PUB”