This is the time to sell motorbikes.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Brenhden

This is the time to sell motorbikes.

Post by Brenhden »

Morning all,

So far this year I've sold two bikes and bought one. The market is extremely active. Yesterday I sold my 2004 XR125 and honestly if I had ten of them I could have handed them out to couriers to send to people unseen for the full asking price, which was right at the top end of the market.

I guess the lack of holidays has filled a lot of pockets with money...
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
PaulinBont

Re: This is the time to sell motorbikes.

Post by PaulinBont »

Where did you advertise?
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

PaulinBont wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:59 am Where did you advertise?
I put them on ebay as classified for a set price with no offers.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I sold my KLX unseen & it was collected by a bike transporter, I’ve since had a message from the buyer saying he’s very happy with it, trouble is the money is burning a hole in my pocket as my dear dad used to say :D :D
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

lancashirelad wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:10 am I sold my KLX unseen & it was collected by a bike transporter, I’ve since had a message from the buyer saying he’s very happy with it, trouble is the money is burning a hole in my pocket as my dear dad used to say :D :D
Out of interest, what happens about signing the log book, or is it all a digital thing these days? Also what happens if the buyer wasn't happy with the bike once he received it?

Only asking because ive had enquiries from buyers for bikes about sending couriers to collect the bike etc but i always thought it was some sort of scam!
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Been trying to sell either the C500X or the 600 Transalp for a while now but no real interest via Gumtree.

Maybe give e-bay a try, but being in the north-east corner of Scotland kinda limits people incentive I think.

Steve T

8-)
Last edited by Steve T on Tue May 11, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I did the transfer online after I received the money by bank transfer, I’ve also bought a bike unseen a couple of years ago before DVLA brought in the online stuff, that went ok as well, I suppose selling is easier once you see the funds in your account it’s straight forward from then. I suppose once it’s delivered you’ve bought it unless of course it was vastly different to the description they gave you? Wouldn’t be easy to reverse the sale though you’ve just to go with you instincts I guess,
I did have one guy offer me £750 less cheeky bugger!!
Mine sold through an advert on Facebook marketplace.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Steve T wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:40 am Been trying to sell either the C500X or the 600 Transalp for a while now but no real interest via Gumtree.

Maybe give e-bay a try, but being in the north-east corner of Scotlnd kinda limits people incentive I think.

Steve T

8-)
Mate bought a TDM900 from Aberdeen a few weeks ago, had a whatsapp call with the seller and bought it without viewing. £160 delivered to the Leicester and well happy.
T'is the future.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

I've been buying and selling bikes for many, many years now, both here and, especially, abroad. I've noticed massive price hikes in a lot of bikes that I used to buy and make good money on - 90's/early noughties sports stuff, KTM Adventures and the like. I'd still do it if not for Brexit and the crazy prices, now there's little money to be had. I used to either pop over from Germany with the van and collect a few at a time or would fly over, take a train to the bike and ride back, usually making a short tour out of it (always bought unseen after as careful checking of bike and seller as possible). Still easily possible here if you know what you're doing. Example to illustrate, bought a Suzuki GSF600SK4 Bandit last week, rode it back, advertised it on Facebook Marketplace a day later and sold it the same day for a nice £400 profit (I find lots of cheapies better than few dearies and less to carry if they stick). You can have fun on them in the meantime.
Currently after a CB500X (Steve?) for myself, to keep, having sold mine last year and regretted it since, or a little DL250 V Strom or G310GS if anyone has anything?
Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Steve T wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:40 am Been trying to sell either the C500X or the 600 Transalp for a while now but no real interest via Gumtree.

Maybe give e-bay a try, but being in the north-east corner of Scotlnd kinda limits people incentive I think.
Facebook had a post from Shirlaws where they delivered a second hand bike to Shropshire :o Maybe less risky buying from a dealer, but then it would have been a private bike once, and the dealers probably do is give it a good valet to get it looking tidy.

Return to “THE PUB”