This is the time to sell motorbikes.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Steve T

Re: This is the time to sell motorbikes.

Post by Steve T »

Eldest put it up on facebook market place a month or so ago. Only a couple of enquiries but nowt came of both :roll:
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Mosel Bikes wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:13 pm . . . . Currently after a CB500X (Steve?) . . . . .
Replied to your Pm :D
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

dibbs wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:31 am
lancashirelad wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:10 am I sold my KLX unseen & it was collected by a bike transporter, I’ve since had a message from the buyer saying he’s very happy with it, trouble is the money is burning a hole in my pocket as my dear dad used to say :D :D
Out of interest, what happens about signing the log book, or is it all a digital thing these days? Also what happens if the buyer wasn't happy with the bike once he received it?

Only asking because ive had enquiries from buyers for bikes about sending couriers to collect the bike etc but i always thought it was some sort of scam!
V5 is online now, takes two minutes.

I've done this both ways, I sold my DR350 to someone in scotland. We did a video call and I tried to show all the things they wanted. When the courier arrived I did another call with them and confirmed it was there and his courier. He then transfered the money and it instantly arrived in my bank and I let the bike ont he van.

The other way I bought an XR125 from a guy in kent and sent a courierfor it after a video call. He was a resonable guy but knew nothing about bikes and was selling it on behalf of his teen son. When it arrived it was in terrible condition and not as advertised. This was tricky as I'd paid and he'd done the V5. It took some convincing to get him to take it back but in the end all was well, I lost the delivery fee but thats the risk you take I guess.

Golden rule is about vetting the buyer/seller to make sure you trust them.

Cheers

Bren
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Return to “THE PUB”