Superbike Factory Fail

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Elmer J Fudd

Superbike Factory Fail

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

I've just reported Superbike factory to the ICO for continuing to send me marketing emails even after opting out.

A couple of months ago, bored, decided to look at Auto Trader bikes and wanted a closer look at a Triumph Daytona 955i. I had one yeas ago and still fancy another to play on as they are getting quite cheap. To look at a video you add your details etc. which I did, looked at the bike and moved on.

Then the emails stared, so I unsubscribed, and they kept coming, so I emailed them and spelled it out, stop it or be reported. They didn't stop.

Do they not realise I will now never buy a bike from them, under any circumstances? Potential future customer lost.
nathanthepostman

Re: Superbike Factory Fail

Post by nathanthepostman »

Ah so that's what the compulsory £40 + all businesses now have to pay annually to the ICO goes towards; fielding complaints that a proper spam folder should be able to handle.

I feel better for having to pay it now!
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I had a similar problem with Evans Cycles.
Up to 4 email adverts a day despite calling and speaking to a real person 3 or 4 times.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

I'd a similar experience with them also, I was looking at a KTM and they never stopped hounding me with emails after I unsubscribed to many of their emails...! So frustrating.

I had to ring them up and explain that I'd unsubscribed many many times...... eventually the guy I spoke with informed me it was all sorted. It did stop then, thank goodness....!

mac
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

nathanthepostman wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:29 pm Ah so that's what the compulsory £40 + all businesses now have to pay annually to the ICO goes towards; fielding complaints that a proper spam folder should be able to handle.

Spam still has to be reviewed, so is not the point; the point is that it is simple enough for them to stop, but they haven't.

Treat potential customers badly and you wont get a sale, every customer lost makes the £40.00 more expensive.
Last edited by Elmer J Fudd on Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onslowe

Post by onslowe »

I asked them a simple question ref delivery charges and all I received was a bombardment of emails trying to sell me bikes that I had not asked about, annoying spam that would put me off dealing with them for a purchase.
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

Well, it appears that the complaint to the ICO has worked pretty quick, I received this a few minutes ago:

Good afternoon,

I am emailing you to confirm that following this email I will be removing your personal information from our database as requested, and we have unsubscribed you from marketing.

Kind Regards,

Sophie Ammar-Fovargue | Senior Compliance Support Officer
nathanthepostman

Post by nathanthepostman »

Elmer J Fudd wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:54 am
nathanthepostman wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:29 pm Ah so that's what the compulsory £40 + all businesses now have to pay annually to the ICO goes towards; fielding complaints that a proper spam folder should be able to handle.

Spam still has to be reviewed, so is not the point; the point is that it is simple enough for them to stop, but they haven't.

Treat potential customers badly and you wont get a sale, every customer lost makes the £40.00 more expensive.
It was just the point that as a business I have to pay £40 a year to the ICO so that they can handle complaints such as this.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

nathanthepostman wrote:
Elmer J Fudd wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:54 am

It was just the point that as a business I have to pay £40 a year to the ICO so that they can handle complaints such as this.
I pay it too
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “THE PUB”