Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Oop North John

Re: Had the jab yet?

Post by Oop North John »

AZ on Friday for me :D
sven

Post by sven »

My wife and I had our first AZ jabs at Elland Road on Monday. I felt like I had a mild hangover for about 36 hours. She was completely unaffected.

The second jabs are booked for early June, so it’s worth the discomfort if we can get to Spain in September 👍
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

My wife had the az a while back and it floored her for a couple of days!
I had mine on Wednesday. Felt ok but arm was sore. Had a bad nights sleep on wed night, very restless but didn't feel ill. Took it easy on Thursday and arm quite stiff/sore. OK today so went for a 18k run 🏃‍♂️
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
HarveyCamm

Post by HarveyCamm »

Had my AZ jab on Friday - lucky for me no ill effects. Felt achey next morning but that happens every day :lol:

Stay well y'all
H
berin

Post by berin »

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/mobile.r ... SKBN2BS1QE

Hope there’s no youngsters here had the AZ jab.

Though I suspect it’s not that the under 30’s are at more risk from the vaccine, just that the risk to them of Covid is so infinitesimally small it would be morally wrong to expose them to any risk at all from a vaccine they don’t need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
simonw

Post by simonw »

EMA reports it has investigated 62 reported cases of CVST in 9.2 million vaccinations. Further investigation clearly warranted, but astronomically longer odds than being affected by Covid-19!
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

If we vaccinate the entire population of Europe, it's very likely that several hundred, perhaps several thousand, people will die or suffer serious side-effects.

If we don't vaccinate the entire population of Europe, then its 100 per cent sure and certain that thousands of people will die or suffer serious side-effects, plus the continuing economic fall out will kill or ruin millions.
berin

Post by berin »

simonw wrote:EMA reports it has investigated 62 reported cases of CVST in 9.2 million vaccinations. Further investigation clearly warranted, but astronomically longer odds than being affected by Covid-19!
Funny, because VAERS reports 1 AE per 166 doses and 894 deaths so far. The trials reported a 10% AE rate. AZ suspended by Denmark and Norway. J&J suspended in the US before it even got started. And according to Oxford QCovid I have about a 1/7000 chance of hospitalisation, an a minuscule one of death, which is not surprising since less then 1000 people under 60 have died with only Covid on the certificate. The government now estimates 25% of Covid deaths were wrongly counted.

But it’s a free choice, anyone that wants to take an experimental medical intervention should be free to do so. And those that don’t shouldn’t have to.

simonw

Post by simonw »

berin wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:45 pm
simonw wrote:EMA reports it has investigated 62 reported cases of CVST in 9.2 million vaccinations. Further investigation clearly warranted, but astronomically longer odds than being affected by Covid-19!
Funny, because VAERS reports 1 AE per 166 doses and 894 deaths so far. The trials reported a 10% AE rate. AZ suspended by Denmark and Norway. J&J suspended in the US before it even got started. And according to Oxford QCovid I have about a 1/7000 chance of hospitalisation, an a minuscule one of death, which is not surprising since less then 1000 people under 60 have died with only Covid on the certificate. The government now estimates 25% of Covid deaths were wrongly counted.

But it’s a free choice, anyone that wants to take an experimental medical intervention should be free to do so. And those that don’t shouldn’t have to.

https://fullfact.org/online/vaers-covid-vaccine-deaths/

What's the source of the statistic that less than 1,000 people under 60 have died with only Covid on the certificate please? (That stat doesn't mean Covid doesn't kill lots of people of course, which is what the statement seems to try to imply.)

The unfortunate part of people's choice in respect of whether they have the vaccine or not is that their choice doesn't only affect them, and could be fatal to other people.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

simonw wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:17 pm
berin wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:45 pm

https://fullfact.org/online/vaers-covid-vaccine-deaths/

What's the source of the statistic that less than 1,000 people under 60 have died with only Covid on the certificate please? (That stat doesn't mean Covid doesn't kill lots of people of course, which is what the statement seems to try to imply.)

The unfortunate part of people's choice in respect of whether they have the vaccine or not is that their choice doesn't only affect them, and could be fatal to other people.
Exactly. Some 'free choices' are those that have little or no impact on others, and these can safely be regarded as someone's right to do their own thing. But other 'free choices' actually impact and reduce the freedom of others to make their 'free choices'; these are conditional choices.

When you exercise your freedom to eat a banana rather than an apple it's pretty unlikely that that will impact me profoundly, if at all. But when you decide not to accept a vaccine against a deadly global disease and the success of the vaccine depends upon an 80% uptake, then you have a profound effect on my prospect of the vaccine saving me. You can't just say - "It's up to me to kill myself, none of your business" because your refusal to help yourself actively reduces my options to save myself.

Return to “THE PUB”