Had the jab yet?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
johnnyboxer

Re: Had the jab yet?

Post by johnnyboxer »

soho wrote:Had Pfizer back in January (due to my missing spleen) no reactions at all ! Took my old mum (91) for Pfizer last week. As she has difficulty walking they were kind enough to jab her in the car ! No reaction whatsoever.. :)

Her next door neighbour (70's) had the AZ and has been f***ed up since :(
Mrs Soho is a GP surgery manager ,all staff offered the jab but she has declined til the vaccine has been tweaked a bit as she is prone to extreme reactions.I feel for you folks having bad reactions,I've seen some bad'uns.

Having seen the volunteers at different centres and the people giving up their time to work for free with mrs Soho. Often outside Vaccination centres in pissing rain or snow, and the kindness they have shown to the elderly and all . It kind of restores your faith in humans after seeing all these lockdown breakers making the headlines week after week.
It does restore your faith
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Elmer J Fudd wrote:I've got an appointment at the weekend coming.

On our local Facebook page people have been moaning about having to travel to the next town (4 miles) to get theirs, which is quite incredible as they will travel further for their weekly shopping.

Out of interest do they give you a test at the same time? Must make sense to test and see who has had it or not.
No testing not done
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

It's worth remembering that it isn't an instant immunity and that it takes 3 weeks for the body to generate a good level of protection. Data based on 500,000 jabs shows that infection rates double in the first week after vaccination due to people dropping the mask and social distancing precautions.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

johnnyboxer wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:41 pm
Elmer J Fudd wrote:I've got an appointment at the weekend coming.

On our local Facebook page people have been moaning about having to travel to the next town (4 miles) to get theirs, which is quite incredible as they will travel further for their weekly shopping.

Out of interest do they give you a test at the same time? Must make sense to test and see who has had it or not.
No testing not done
I'm no expert, however not testing seems to me to be a missed opportunity to gather data on who has had it or has it A symptomatic at the point they show up for a jab.

This thing will come round again and data from this outbreak will influence the response the next time, or it would if you recorded it.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

I'm feeling a bit left out as no jab for me yet and unlike Brenhden I can't claim to be too young :roll: Well done to all of you 8-)
one-legged adventurer
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

had my Pfizer jab a month ago at Vale Hospital Dursley, very well organised doing about a jab /minute by each of the 2 jabbers and loads of others helping people in and out.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I had Pfizer last week at local health centre, felt a bit groggy for a day or two but nowt to mean owt.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Heff

Post by Heff »

Got mine a few weeks ago on a Saturday.

Got home felt ok, arm was a bit tender though.

Woke up Sunday, felt I'd done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson. Aches and pains all over. Sunday night really bad flu symptoms, hot/cold flushes, shivering in bed etc. :?

Had to take a few days off work. :o

Didn't feel right until Wednesday.

Can't wait for my second jab in March :roll:
Last edited by Heff on Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

due to my job I was offered the jab back in december but declined as I concluded others were at far greater risk than myself and were not getting offered. I live in a street of 13 homes many older people 3 have gone in the last 6 months none were offered the jab and I was, it just did'nt seem right to me to be sticking my hand up under the circumstances. For me it is a matter of morals and priorities but I hope to have the jab soon, I would find it difficult to come to an opinion how safe/effective it is with the info out there and will have it and hope for the best. Hope it does work for everybodies sake.
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Had the AZ jab a few weeks ago, no effects at all. Second due early April.
My missus is adamant she’s not having it, we’ll see how that rolls.
As others mentioned, the volunteers at the centre were brilliant, pissing down too.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.

Return to “THE PUB”