Re: Other Stuff

Post by garyboy »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:21 pm
garyboy wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:12 pm did you know that Stonehenge
was completely made in Wales
and exported to England
So was my ex-wife!
I know the feeling, Richard ...

I wouldn't so much compare my ex to an ancient monument ... more to a `easy` Tasmanian devil.

but here are 2 pieces about the blue stones ..
https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/12/stonehen ... -14070668/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... 7_uSgUg00U

bbc i player ..
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... e-revealed
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

That's on my 'to watch' list.

It would be even without Prof Alice.... :)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I read/saw the news, of the new find ..and saw the prof alice program advertised, but thought it was an out of date old one ...

then .. great revelation .. i remembered ... yup .. actually remembered that i had signed up for bbc i player

spent a very nice, quiet hour or so, early hours of the morning, watching the programme on my laptop (feet soaking in a bowl lol.

I have been interested on the precellis for a few years, and have walked the top once, (in dreadful downpour), and ridden driven through the area many times ... fascinating ....... also very interested in stonehenge and ancient history .. so the 2 together was an utter gift, for me.

I am looking forward to visiting the area ... this year????
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

helmet

I used to have a very good flip front helmet .. caberg, i think ... but, due to being tight fisted and lacking of funds (the 2 complement each other nicely lol) .. i had bought 2 .. yes 2 .. (can't remember why 2?) from m and P of swansea. £30+ something each.. £39 ?? ..

anyway .. they were crap .. too tight, too small, and too narrow to the front, making ya mush trying to eat the visor lol. ... but hey .. they were CHEAP !!!

the black one, i altered the lining and side pouches so that i did not return from a ride with the usual crushing pain at the sides of the face (why do i do it?) .. but it still let in rain drops from the top of the visor, and wind chill from the sides.

Helmets are so dear, and i would not succumb to what i saw as overpriced cons?

Anyway .. i woke up last night (as usual) and thought ... fuck it .. i could be deaded next week, wot wiv all this stupid covid stuff, arthritis, aand the dangerous woman next door, so i thought .. fuck it .. (again) .. i am going to buy a (reasonably priced) good helmet ... you know ... the type that dont let in water and chilly air and leaves you in agonising face ache?

so, obviously, i looked on the m and p site (coz that is where i got all my crap helmets)
and find a flip front for £199 .. mmm a bit more than i wanted to pay .. but fuck the expense eh?

then i saw one for £165 .. but grey .. don't like grey but hey .. it was cheaper (old ways coming back?)

then thougtht i would check out my `saved one`, no longer available, for the then £136

that's the one i really want i thought !!!

then somehow got an advert for HC .. Helmet City (see.. all those cookies came home to roost ) .... and found one for £111 .. just the actual one i wanted ,, in the actual colour i wanted ...
waw .. fuck me !!!

I wil let you know how it goes ... waiting for the `dispatched` notification atm
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

how you fancy CANZUK ??

"Under the proposal Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand would agree to free trade and reciprocal migration."

"the four powers would also agree to cooperate more closely foreign policy and defence."

" the new association would immediately become the third most powerful military force in the world, behind only the United States and China."

"It would very much be completely different to what the EU structure is."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/br ... d=msedgntp
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

London poised for Brexit boom as euro dubbed 'single biggest failure in financial history'
LONDON is poised to thrive and enjoy a boom post-Brexit as "no one in their right mind" would allow their financial regulations to be "dictated" by Brussels, a commentator claimed.

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/ ... m-city-spt
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

A Daily Express prediction. We know how accurate their predictions are. 🤔

Return to “THE PUB”