Other Stuff

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Re: Other Stuff

Post by garyboy »

SHarper wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:42 am
garyboy wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:22 am are these any good off tarmac?

TW125

I think PIF got one ..
and Sharper too ..

Imagetw1255 by gary boy, on Flickr

I’ve sold mine, it sold within a couple of hours of putting it on a TW Facebook group, I’m delivering it on Sunday.
I’ve never really rode it, other than up and down the lane outside my house.
From what I’ve read, the 200 and the 225 aren’t really much quicker, maybe they’ll do 65mph whereas the 125 does just over 50mph.
They do have a enthusiastic following and command quite a high price.

218BBD0E-96A1-40D7-8C9B-B620BB4143DD.jpeg

i really like the looks ... especially the fat tyres .. 8-)
I think one went for $6000 recently, in USA?

I like the 125 economy .. but like the 350/400/ power more? .. :D

ps .. i was thinking of ways to get your ~ £1000? together .. .. paypal? ... but came to my senses, as i have bought loads of camping gear i probably wont use much .. like you do :lol: (its a biker thing)
Last edited by garyboy on Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

my new flip front caberg helmet ..

Helmet City
Last edited by garyboy on Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Hi Gary, what is your NC700 like. In particular how low is it, what sort of range do you get out of a tank and is it easy to fit luggage to? Is yours the auto version, if so does it still have a rear brake lever or have they shifted the bot( brakes to the bars? Thanks
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Jak* wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:41 pm Hi Gary, what is your NC700 like. In particular how low is it, what sort of range do you get out of a tank and is it easy to fit luggage to? Is yours the auto version, if so does it still have a rear brake lever or have they shifted the bot( brakes to the bars? Thanks
Hiya Jak,
the NC700 was the model before mine ..
the NC750 .. my model .. apart from being nominally 50cc bigger is supposed to be a lot smoother, due to an extra countershaft iirc.
What is noticeable about the NC, in general, it that is has a longer piston stroke, slightly, which makes for a more like a lower torque, a bit like the old british bikes. (edit .. it also has very low revs ..6250 max )

I think this bike, the NC750, must be one of the lowest `ordinary` bikes around ...
ie, it is not a low cruiser, or low capacity (125), but seems to be quite low ... the figures can be looked up.
Mine, my main mechanic Baz from Treorchy, keeps telling me, has been lowered ???
It certainly looks strange when it comes off his bike ramp, but seems to perk up after the rear shock been prodded a few times .... it is really weird, like i am imagining it .. but he says the same ????
I am a short arse little old wanker (as my best mate, Jon, keeps telling me :lol: 8-) ) and even i can get on and off the bike ok.

It is really great for manoeuvring around a car park, as mine got DCT, and with careful throttle control you can go slower than most bikes, almost to a standstill.

the bike is not a fast bike ... think more `economy / touring`.
It can be ramped up in speed and slip in and out of traffic really good .. and eventually you can catch that fast young hooligal, later in the day, just by sheer persistence and sensible ness , with a few hairy overtakes that will see you pass the little bastard :lol:

Economy??? .... well, for a big(er) bike, it excells ...
normal riding (for me, being an oap twat) sees 77 mpg .. in `S` mode (sport), consistently.
If i ramp it up a bit... say to keep up with another average bike lol .. it will drop a bit ... but not by much.
Similarly, if i put it in `D` mode (touring/ drive/normal) it can easily attain 83 mpg (average, but over 99mpg in parts), but unexpectedly, I need to go 10mph faster to keep the revs going, for 6th gear to be maintained.

In `S` mode i have to constantly change down to keep the gear in a low enough gear .. for `progress`
Mine, you can tell .. is the DCT model ... I love it .. it suits me, but i will not suit everyone, as other (big) bikes are generally much faster.
Though you always got the torque of a 750 cc.

so .. from a full tank (see litres in general spec ... as i forget) which cost around £12 .. i get 160 miles before the reserve light comes on ... I would say then, that u got 20-30 miles left in the tank ..... possibly more, if careful .. and lucky ... so the overall range to`dry` is probably more like 200 miles???? ... but that is chancing it, and literally scraping the bottom of the barrel ... and it could run out anytime after 160 miles, in my book, especially as the gauge is not that accurate lately.

Luggage .. no problem .. Honda do .. but it is very expensive ... there is/are other makes, a lot cheaper, but may be/look crap .. not got any.

Mine is the `S` version ... naked.
the `X` version often comes with luggage attached, as a deal or a promo ..
it looks better on the `X` , which is also faired ...
but it is 1" taller !!!!
which is why i got the `S`

mine is the dct version .. that is ... it is semi automatic.
but it does have a lever you can flip to make it `manual` .. though the engine is still protected from stalling and rev damage ... but in this mode u watch out for the rev limiter, which basically stops the engine as u overtaking a lorry, with another lorry heading to u. .. (it cuts in at 6250 revs .. low!!!!)

the rear brake is as standard.

mine has no clutch lever, being dct.
front brake lever is as standard.
engine breaking is good, just by using the flipper on the LHS, to change down, but u need to change down about 3 times to feel the effect..

it has a Hand Brake lever on the LHS, handlebar, you pull up 2" to lock/brake the rear wheel ... essential on hill, as you can't use the gears to hold u on a hill, as they only engage automatically, when the engine is switched on and running lol .. strange stuff to get used to but great too.
the handbrake is not very good when a bit worn, and u got to adjust it a lot .. but works great when fully ok, and is fab for taking pics on a hill, if that is u thing?

Image20200909_164614 (2) by gary boy, on Flickr

Imagebvc by gary boy, on Flickr

Image85154245_10221345514335903_1029622876258435072_o by gary boy, on Flickr

and ..
being semi automatic .. it even does lockdown shopping... on its own ... just whistle and give it a shopping list .. and it will do it all on its own .. easy like ..

only troubel is .. it takes ages and ages to do a little shop .. and always comes back with muddy worn tyres, and packed with shiny new bike parts and bike magazines on soft pannier clothing, and nice rubber boots ... the little bastard !! ... i am going to have to have a word :lol:

Image20200530_163814 (2) by gary boy, on Flickr

ps .. i doubt u will find a shiny black S model like mine .. they all fukkin Matt now with silly red bits etc .. though tbh .. the X models i have seen in showrooms look really really nice

the `S` model is small, short, overweight 230kg heavy, harshely sprung, slowish, budget, point n squirt bike ... but oi loves er :D 8-) 8-) 8-) :)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

camp chairs (..cover u bum, sweety.)

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15987106/e ... r-15987106

2 for £18 plus £4 delivery
go outdoors

they seem good !!! (got some)
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

Regards your NC750s, suppose if you wanted a bit more zip/grunt you could slightly adjust the bikes gearing by either changing front sprocket to 1 tooth less.......or 2 teeth more on the rear.
Have you ever tried this garyboy?

I've 2 extra teeth on rear sprocket re my V-Strom thou and wouldn't return to standard gearing as it gives you slightly more get up and go, simply fabulous cheap upgrade.

ImageSuzuki by APM Photography, on Flickr

mac
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Image20210202_215141 (2) by gary boy, on Flickr

hmmm ... no .. actually, Pete ... its never even occurred to me :? :o

I just assumed that mister honda had got the gearing ratios perfect for this model?
.. and i think i read somewhere that it would alter the readouts/speed/odometer/etc?

also, a big consideration, to me, is the fuel consumption ... 77/83 mpg is good for me :D

and i am not sure i would be happier with a lower top end? .. though, of course it may make little difference? .. its not highly powered anyway (53 wotsits?) .. (( a 1000 cc got more power to play around with)

.. and i got the gear gear now anyway, .. just waiting for a dry day to fit 8-)

but thanks for the thought anyway ... will have to ponder the possible effects :)
Last edited by garyboy on Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Tesco wifi keyboard and mouse.

I can't find an online link .. but they selling them in Tesco .. £18 .. Trust .. really good quality .. if you need a new one.

includes batteries and dongle.

(Curry,s is not so good quality, and £26 .. and they only do click and collect now, no store walking doh :roll: )
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

garyboy;

Re the gearing I mentioned, to change/adjust the gearing I was chatting about isn't major dramatic as it sounds, it's more a subtle approach, but it does a GREAT job.
The cheapest way would be to drop one tooth from the front sprocket, something like a cost of £16 or thereabouts, to change the rear sprocket (as I've done) you're looking around £40 ish.

If ordering a new sprocket at any point, make sure you get the bike's chain pitch right, my V-Strom is a 525 pitch etc.

It obviously throws the speedo read-out a little, it is only a little so no major issues. I've just got used to it over the past eight years etc... Fabulous cheap upgrade.

Cheers mucker - Pete
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

could be interesting? (Ebike)

but its a hub motor? .. and not legal?

https://www.cyrusher.co.uk/en/i/xf650-7 ... RA2pJVf9o0

Return to “THE PUB”