Britain looking to start the next chapter

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Re: Britain looking to start the next chapter

Post by garyboy »

the present catastrophe, mainly created by the EU spite and the need to teach lessons, has indeed been very difficult ... but remember that it is only temporary ..

.. so hold your nerve, dear friends, in this war of attrition, and stand firm

back your country

be positive

and dont let the basssards grind you down.

we will succeed in the end.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I am beginning to think there are enemy agents afoot on this forum 8-) :lol:
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

garyboy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:25 pm I am beginning to think there are enemy agents afoot on this forum 8-) :lol:
Given the amount of nonsense you post, you could be an under cover Bojo.

Tell us all is well when it isn't. You soon won't even be able to protest (Gone will be the good old British right to freedom of speech) we have just left the EU and suddenly our rights are disappearing. 10 years for protesting when you get less for violence and robbery!

Economy is on the rise....Nope.

We are soon going to break an international treaty on Nuclear Warhead proliferation. The Conservatives, seemingly are not content with renewing Trident before the Commons even voted on it, Bojo now wants more weapons that we will never use or it will be the end of the world. We have 120 ready for use at the moment, why do we need more?

This man, and this government, are the biggest threat to our health, wellbeing and prosperity and you post utter shite in support. It beggars belief.
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

It does make you wonder just how bad it’s got to get before some start to question their own wisdom.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I think what I find more scary than Brexit, is the amount of fools who genuinely believe things are going well. The commercial radio station I listen to plays adverts offering help to companies wanting to export, why? Because they did not need help when we were in the EU, it was all there set up for them, now all these new deals are at best no worse than the ones we had through the EU, but they require more paperwork. Paperwork means additional costs. I know of one major UK car manufacturer that may facing an eight week shutdown due to delays in getting parts from the EU. Anyone noticed the increase in motorcycle tyre prices since January, care to hazard a guess why this is? The stupidity of those who had the wool pulled over their eyes in voting for Brexit is being compounded by their stupidity in not seeing the damage that it has done. Maybe I missed it but I do not remember the advert on the bus saying we were going to have have an extra £350 million to spend on nukes, would you really have voted for that? They do not want an inquiry into their handling of Covid because the scale of their corruption and incompetence would be made public.
Why do people think this government wants to clamp down on lawful, peaceful protest? They are worried that when the realities of their incompetence start to strike home people will be on the streets. Personally I doubt that will happen as long as they can keep the flow of bullshit going about how well we are doing and wave a few flags around all will be well.
The idea that it is somehow patriotic to stand by and cheer whilst your country falls into economic ruin and veers towards a police state seems a bit bizarre to me. If this is the next chapter I think I’ll pick another book.
I do think the UK government has done well to get the vaccine out as quickly as it has and should be praised for that, unfortunately that may be little comfort for those whose relatives died unnecessarily, or for the NHS workers who have just been shown how little the country values them.
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

I’m sure they’ll be a Brexit supporter along soon who will suggest nuking a few European fishing trawlers will be the answer to claiming back our fishing grounds, ignoring the fact that the consequences being our fishing grounds would be rendered unusable for the following 10,000 years. Remind you of anything?
scutty

Post by scutty »

Can't pay nurse - can buy nukes................

Says it all really.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

scutty wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:33 am Can't pay nurse - can buy nukes................

Says it all really.
'cos once you've used the nukes, we won't need Nurses

Or Doctors, or vaccines or Forums! :D
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Good post Jak. Pretty much sums up the current fuck up.

I still think the answer, if there is one, lies more in psychology than anything else. Or at least the explanation of the self-delusional behaviour does. Dunning Kruger explains some of it, and a kind of desperate macho/ego-driven refusal to admit fault or responsibility. Then you can throw in this absurd snowflakey victim-hood that brexiteers deploy to blame anyone but themselves for an act they did to themselves.

Which is all worrying because the very people most likely to hold this character trait (if that's the right word) are by definition the least likely to admit to it. And until you face up to your psychological issues you don't seek to solve them. It's a vicious circle.
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

Spike941 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:35 pm It does make you wonder just how bad it’s got to get before some start to question their own wisdom.
quote.jpg
quote.jpg (72.86 KiB) Viewed 1373 times

Return to “THE PUB”