Britain looking to start the next chapter

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
dave h

Re: Britain looking to start the next chapter

Post by dave h »

Stop scaremongering yer big jessy,
Keep bringing up the NHS pay rise point is pointless no one going to argue with you about that,
It's good to see one of your political posts not containing the words race, racism, or racist,
So I guess we're making progress,

Dave.
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

.........and how many generations will pass before we reach the promised land, assuming it exists. Sadly the many must first suffer whilst the few reap the rewards.
Spike-Chapter 1 Verse 1 :evil:
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I really can't see how anything I wrote can be construed as scaremongering. Food banks, job losses, rises in the costs of living, the government attempting to curtail the freedom to protest and challenge them in the courts, are all facts. If you think that these powers can't be used against motorcycle gatherings, you obviously do not remember that one of the first victims of the Tories' criminal justice bill, designed to stop raves, was a motorcycle rally.
Why would anyone assume that a Tory supporter is in favour of reasonable pay rises for the NHS? Surely you voted for the party and leader that cheered when they voted them down last time.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

IMO this thread has been mined out.

It's now a rerun of the deluded (Brexiteers) and the sorrowful (Remainers) trading their own immovable positions and opinions.

Brexit has irreversibly split this country.

A tiny bunch of self- serving Tories, supported by the easily led, have done what they've done, no going back. :roll:

The occasional post from those clearly on hallucinogenic drugs does little to relieve the tedium.

Over and out. :|
dave h

Post by dave h »

Jak* wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:21 pm I really can't see how anything I wrote can be construed as scaremongering. Food banks, job losses, rises in the costs of living, the government attempting to curtail the freedom to protest and challenge them in the courts, are all facts. If you think that these powers can't be used against motorcycle gatherings, you obviously do not remember that one of the first victims of the Tories' criminal justice bill, designed to stop raves, was a motorcycle rally.
Why would anyone assume that a Tory supporter is in favour of reasonable pay rises for the NHS? Surely you voted for the party and leader that cheered when they voted them down last time.
Let's put it to a simple test,
Is the ABR rally going on,
Yes,
Scaremongering,

Dave.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Another simple test.

Once the legislation is passed, will the BBNP 'ranger', the Rupert from the army base and a snivelling PCSO (AKA the 'toxic trio') use it to harass folk with muddy boots at a certain well-known motorcycle cafe in mid-Wales?

Yes...very likely
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Well Dave, at least we agree on the food banks, the job losses and the repression of civil liberties then.
If you read the legislation it is more likely that it would stop things like, MAG demos, meets at places like Matlock Bath, charity runs, the Ring of Red, etc. Whilst those things may not bother you, I always smile when I travel over or under the Dartford crossings on the bike and don't have to pay. This was down to a MAG demo that I led from the Magna Carta. Similar demos achieved the same result at toll bridges across the country.
dave h

Post by dave h »

Well done jak,
Your efforts should be applauded,
We will still have to agree to disagree on some stuff regarding UK and EU though.

Dave.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Thanks Dave. As you say we will have to agree to disagree. To be fair at least you believe that something good will come out of Brexit. A lot of people voted for it because they believed it was the ‘right thing to do’ regardless of the collateral damage, which in most cases did not effect them. Then there were the significant minority who voted for it to ‘get the foreigners out’, and seemed to believe that their jobs would somehow be instantly filled by ‘British’ workers.
I genuinely hope the UK recovers, financially, culturally and socially from the damage inflicted in the last five years, but I fear that there is going to be a lot more pain before that happens.
I can recommend reading ‘All Out War’ by Tim Shipman (a Sunday Times rather than Guardian journalist) for an in depth view of how politicians and the electorate were misled and manipulated during the campaign. Depending on your point of view it is quite revealing and potentially scary stuff.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Return to “THE PUB”