Britain looking to start the next chapter

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Elmer J Fudd

Re: Britain looking to start the next chapter

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

garyboy wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:23 pm you mention `sharp sand` .. to punish brexiters ??

perhaps try counselling and read some `positive thinking`.. plenty on the internet.

try to reach acceptance .. following rejection, anger, etc (will edit soon for the correct words)
ah .. here ...

DENIAL
ANGER
BARGAINING
DEPRESSION
ACCEPTANCE

(try to use a positive insight and vision ..)

https://www.lifehack.org/580005/stages- ... f-and-loss

ps ... I am not on this site to be a punch bag or scapegoat for remoaner ANGER
Punish? No just a sharp (sand) reminder of their selfish act.

The forum was asked some time ago to list out the positives to come from Brexit, the only thing to be put forward of any merit was that speeding fines from France may not be followed up (and even that is not decided yet).

So in terms of thinking positive, yes, I am happy that I am not a fisherman nor a farmer, or indeed anyone who deals in importing or exporting to and from the EU. I am ecstatic that I can still visit the EU, despite red tape, green cards and having my travel plans scrutinised at passport control, and yet the biggest thing that I am thankful for is that despite all the Brexiteer lies, all the false hopes and all the flag waving uber-nationalism that we have been subjected to, I have not been brainwashed into thinking Brexit was a good idea and that I retain my sense of reality to know the future is not the world of Enid Blyton, but is getting more and more Orwellian by the day.

None of my responses are personal, however you have debated the subject and now abandon the debate (perhaps as it cannot be won?) with a back to basics "you lost get over it" rhetoric. That is the crux, there is no upside, the debate was lost a long time ago, but Brexiteers cannot see the light and admit they were wrong. Where do I deliver the sand? :lol:
dave h

Post by dave h »

dont let em grind you down gary,

dave.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Elmer J Fudd wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:59 pm
garyboy wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:23 pm you mention `sharp sand` .. to punish brexiters ??

perhaps try counselling and read some `positive thinking`.. plenty on the internet.

try to reach acceptance .. following rejection, anger, etc (will edit soon for the correct words)
ah .. here ...

DENIAL
ANGER
BARGAINING
DEPRESSION
ACCEPTANCE

(try to use a positive insight and vision ..)

https://www.lifehack.org/580005/stages- ... f-and-loss

Punish? No just a sharp (sand) reminder of their selfish act.

The forum was asked some time ago to list out the positives to come from Brexit, the only thing to be put forward of any merit was that speeding fines from France may not be followed up (and even that is not decided yet).

So in terms of thinking positive, yes, I am happy that I am not a fisherman nor a farmer, or indeed anyone who deals in importing or exporting to and from the EU. I am ecstatic that I can still visit the EU, despite red tape, green cards and having my travel plans scrutinised at passport control, and yet the biggest thing that I am thankful for is that despite all the Brexiteer lies, all the false hopes and all the flag waving uber-nationalism that we have been subjected to, I have not been brainwashed into thinking Brexit was a good idea and that I retain my sense of reality to know the future is not the world of Enid Blyton, but is getting more and more Orwellian by the day.

None of my responses are personal, however you have debated the subject and now abandon the debate (perhaps as it cannot be won?) with a back to basics "you lost get over it" rhetoric. That is the crux, there is no upside, the debate was lost a long time ago, but Brexiteers cannot see the light and admit they were wrong. Where do I deliver the sand? :lol:

as i say
you may find that COUNSELLING may help your condition
but best to keep off the tranquilizers and anti depressants

I am sure you can work through this, Elmer.
stay strong, but please try not to project your hatred and insecurities onto members on this form 8-) :)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

dave h wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:00 pm ps ... I am not on this site to be a punch bag or scapegoat for remoaner ANGER

dave.

thank you Dave

I may have to leave this thread fro a while though :lol: 8-)
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

garyboy wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:20 pm as i say
you may find that COUNSELLING may help your condition
but best to keep off the tranquilizers and anti depressants

I am sure you can work through this, Elmer.
stay strong, but please try not to project your hatred and insecurities onto members on this form 8-) :)
Gary,

Accusation of hatred and drug use are pushing the boundaries, please either debate the issue by countering the arguments, admit defeat in the debate, or say nothing.

Given your visceral ramblings, I shouldn't be surprised that you have turned to insults, but I am disappointed.

The end.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

dave h wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:00 pm ps ... I am not on this site to be a punch bag or scapegoat for remoaner ANGER

dave.
Ever wonder why you find yourself in that position (if you do)?

Perhaps if you stopped attempting to polish the Brexit turd you wouldn't get opposite opinion.

Only the most deluded Leave voter would still think it was a good choice that was made.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

This sums up the current situation pretty much exactly:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... guciHlDVsQ
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I'm glad all the rhetoric is fizzling out a bit and , of whichever persuasion, we have to move on and, dare I say it, try and be positive. On that note its not even 2 months since we actually left so lots of stones are being turned over and the government are realising that there are a lot of pissed off people trying to make a living, irrespective of Covid. The devil, as usual, is in the detail, and its plain that 4 years of so called negotiation was a complete whitewash. We are currently operating on WTO rules by any other name, with an unsolvable NI border situation. I simply hope that a degree of common sense--ON BOTH SIDES--will result in some more "negotiations" ---in the words of the profit "for the greater good" !
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

catcitrus wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:15 pm I'm glad all the rhetoric is fizzling out a bit and , of whichever persuasion, we have to move on and, dare I say it, try and be positive. On that note its not even 2 months since we actually left so lots of stones are being turned over and the government are realising that there are a lot of pissed off people trying to make a living, irrespective of Covid. The devil, as usual, is in the detail, and its plain that 4 years of so called negotiation was a complete whitewash. We are currently operating on WTO rules by any other name, with an unsolvable NI border situation. I simply hope that a degree of common sense--ON BOTH SIDES--will result in some more "negotiations" ---in the words of the profit "for the greater good" !
I agree. Whichever side of the argument you are on "we are where we are" and we as individuals have to accept it and make the best of it, there is no reverse gear. I happen to think that you find what you look for, which goes for both negative and positive thinking attitudes.
All this posting of links to opposing sides of the media will not improve anybody's personal situation and is just pointless political willy waiving which is starting to poison many threads on here. Maybe this is a reflection of what is preached by the media but in order to move on we need to look for ways to achieve what we as individuals want from riding bikes.
Personally I just want to know where, when and how I can travel in the future (once Covid has calmed down).
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

Bojo Car Crash.jpg
Bojo Car Crash.jpg (104.17 KiB) Viewed 557 times

Return to “THE PUB”