Bit damp in Norfolk!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Nigel

Bit damp in Norfolk!

Post by Nigel »

Went to see my aged mother earlier, handed over pressie, quick cup of tea on the doorstep I ain`t risking going in!
Roads not too bad except for the last mile or so across country when I see a virtual river running across the road, no problem I`m a rufty tufty biker!
quite proud of myself for fording it despite strong sideways current, and then another one successfully forded :D

So I leave Mother`s knowing I can do it, first flood no problem, second flood leads to a tight left hand bend, keep over to the left and "find" a kerb stone I can`t see with my front wheel, gently lay the bike down in the flood, my head gets buried in the water in the ditch and I think I`m going to drown :oops: Luckily farmer Giles is pulling out of junction in 4x4 and he helps me lift the bike as I floundering about in the water!

Bike had turned itself off (tilt switch?) and won`t start, farmer says leave it a minute for petrol to drain so I take off my by now soaked lid, quick drag of nicotine and she starts on the button and idles 8-)

Lessons learned = a Yamaha Tracer 900 GT is an adventure bike, its very water resistant and Goretex boots are waterproof up to the point where you swim in them :shock: bloody cold 38 mile ride home with soaking wet feet :lol:

Only went today as its going to freeze tomorrow, one day maybe I will buy a "sensible" car!
MotoCP

Re: Bit damp in Norfolk!

Post by MotoCP »

Good to hear you only got dunked and didn’t get pinned under the bike!
My T7 has a tilt switch which cuts the engine if you lay it down. It then won’t start again until you turn the ignition off and on again to reset it.

Anyway, probably best if you don’t tell your mother about your fall. She will worry about you.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with my 88 year old mother when she answered my phone call to her earlier this year...

Ring Ring;
Mum - “Hello”
Me - “Hi Mum it’s only me”
Mum - “Oh hello Chris, how are you doing”
Me - “I’m not bad at all”
Mum - “Oh dear. Are you alright?”
Me - “Yes mum. I said I’m not bad at all”
Mum “Oh dear, I hope your not badly injured! GEOFF...It’s Chris on the phone. He’s had a bad fall”
Me - “No mum honestly I’m fine- I said I’M NOT BAD AT ALL”
Dad shouts in the back ground - “CLUMSY BUGGER”!
Mum - “Have you fallen off your bike? Here, speak to your dad”
Dad - “What have you done son?”.
Me - “Nothing dad, I’m fine. I think it’s time to change the batteries in Mum’s hearing aid!”.
Nigel

Re: Bit damp in Norfolk!

Post by Nigel »

Yes must have a tilt switch, ignition was still on when we righted the bike, it would turn over but not fire, turned ignition off, lid off, puff of vape, ignition on and she started and idled straight away :D
Mother won't be told! Said I would phone when I got "safetly home" which I did, she said are your feet still cold after riding through that water, didn't tell her they were bloody freezing now after filling boots with water :lol:

Return to “THE PUB”