Be Moto

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
clutchspring

Be Moto

Post by clutchspring »

Hi everyone , just came across BE MOTO insurance company on another forum, never ever Hurd of them before.
Looked at their website & looks interesting.
Has anyone had any dealings with them good or bad !.

Thanks,
Ian.
chrisjk

Re: Be Moto

Post by chrisjk »

I have used them for the last two years. Very nice people to deal with - humans that don't insist on leading you through a script when all you want is a simple answer to a question.

They gave me a reasonable deal on three bikes when I was having trouble getting s decent multi-bike insurance.
clutchspring

Post by clutchspring »

Thanks for the reply Chris,

Ian 👍
ChrisCole

Post by ChrisCole »

I was insured with them until this year good to deal with but my premium jumped by nearly 50%, when I asked why they said it was because they had suffered a high number of claims this year.
PDiddy

Post by PDiddy »

ChrisCole wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:20 am I was insured with them until this year good to deal with but my premium jumped by nearly 50%, when I asked why they said it was because they had suffered a high number of claims this year.
I find that surprising, I renewed with them in October, with my premium only going up by £10.
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

I've had my CCM insured with them the last 4 years, the premium has gone down each year....which is a change, anything I could find cheaper was dubious or with hiked excess.

I did offload full no claims from another bike this year which is possibly why I didn't get an increase.

They're an insurance company so of course they're slimy scumbags, they've yet to completely forget they're still human :D

The only negative I would say is they're very slow to get your carry over premium offer to you, I've had to chase them 2 years running for the quote, just something to be aware of as if you're not happy with it, you're going to be under the cosh (7 day countdown) & as I was away on holiday just as well it wasn't a huge hike
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
clutchspring

Post by clutchspring »

Hi everyone, I did get a quote from BE MOTO & yes nice people reasonable quote for what cover they give but didn't go with them in the end as I didn't like how their RAC BREAKDOWN cover works,
RAC state's in writing on their conditions under "what's not covered" & it says anything that is not a brake down ie road traffic collisions. So I emailed them & was told that in the avent of a road traffic collision I would need to ring the claims number & some one would collect my bike & repair it. So how I understand it I would need to make a claim even if I had just fell over with my bike & snapped the clutch lever off, because the RAC would turn round & refuse due to it not being a breakdown !.

My present policy states in the event of a brake down, accident, vandalism they would come out & repair,or recover me home etc.

Ian

Return to “THE PUB”