Purchase expectations and disappointments!!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
OnHellas

Purchase expectations and disappointments!!

Post by OnHellas »

Well, the Iceland/Scandinavian TET trip has already been mentioned on these pages.

Camping is a planned part of it. Not my favourite way to accommodate ones self but hey, the flexibility and value for money make up for it.....ish.

We decided to invest in a larger tent, one that we can stand up in, in the vestibule anyway, and one with a higher HH rating than our current cloth palace.

Tent chosen, retailer found, online deal attractive, a bit of Quidco cashback.....oh yes!

Then the waiting. The anticipation. The online tracking, the delivery man arriving........the tiny parcel......????? Oh, no!

Camping has taken a turn for the worse. Iceland camping under a tiny lightweight umbrella!!??
£279!!!

In the plus side they did send two. His and hers I suppose? So really only £139.50 each.
OnHellas

Re: Purchase expectations and disappointments!!

Post by OnHellas »

Being keen to get our new tent, or maybe just a gullible idiot......I’ve sent back the double umbrella tent on the understanding that I’ll (hopefully) get a refund within 14 days and that they’ll pay the £4.10 second class recorded delivery postage that I posted said brollies with.

I also went back online and ordered another tent. Hopefully of the model that we’ve chosen and not another Minibrella shelter.

On the plus side the Quidco cashback percentage has gone up so if it all works the tent will be even better value than we were hoping for.
On the downside I’ll be returning another parcel and waiting for a total refund of £558.

Oh the excitement......is this what gambling feels like???
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

Hahaha.... most amusing 😂, sounds very candid camera-like, did you get a pic of the brolly tent? I guess you're now waiting tentatively for the next one!
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

I didn’t take a picture of the Twinbrella tent as I realised that not only was it the wrong item.....there was no footprint either!! :o :lol:

Also, camping stuff never really goes back in the storage bag quite like they do it in the factory. :oops:
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I decided to order some new walking shoes from Brasher’s, £125 reduced to £100 & extra 20% discount if ordered online so ordered them, never heard anything so I emailed them & the day after I got a refund, reason....when they went to pick them there was none on the shelf :D
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Prices always seem to be lower when the retailer is out of stock.... :roll:
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

OnHellas wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:04 pm Prices always seem to be lower when the retailer is out of stock.... :roll:
Many retailers hold very little stock items, but link to their suppliers / manufacturers stock and if they don't update regularly the supplier can be out of stock but the retailers says in stock.

Twice in the last year I have found this. I was looking for an archery training band / puller after a shoulder injury to build back up and found one retailer showing stock for next day delivery, "result" I thought.... Turns out they didn't have the item and it was on back order, so I cancelled and placed an order with someone else who I knew would not have it, but explained I was happy to wait (it took three months).

Another was a well known supplier of motorcycle screens, again, available and in stock, but when ordered, out of stock and awaited from the manufacturer in Germany. It was only a week or so wait, but I had paid for express delivery as I was off on a trip and wanted to use it. I got a refund for the delivery cost. Speaking to others its not uncommon.

This practice is definitely deliberate and should be illegal, but how do you prove it?
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Another one that gets me is dealing with a 'retail.co.uk site,' only to find it's in Latvia (chainsaw parts) or Sweden (MX24)
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Reminds me of the old grocer story, "yes, our bread is 50p cheaper per loaf - when we don't have any!". :lol:

TTFN

Hugh.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

You purchased a disappointing tent.

Could have been worse, could have been a Land Rover!

Shameful

Return to “THE PUB”