To quarantine or not?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tonibe63

Re: To quarantine or not?

Post by Tonibe63 »

Now that the 'nightingale hospitals' have been built the availability of money and other resources should be moved from dealing with Covid to an earlier stage of preventing it happening ie track and trace which is actually enforced.
Friends of ours who are in the RAF get sent out across the World to help with disaster relief and this virus is a disaster on our own doorstep so why not deploy the necessary resources that it needs.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Mosel Bikes wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:01 pm Thanks daveuprite.
Pretty much as I thought. What a shitter.
Ah well, another few pints then, courtesy of Yorkshire Heart, in my little piece of sanctuary 'The Greyhound' in the garden, with my friends 'The Magnificent Seven'! Becoming a daily habit, but what the hell, the UK and its 'government' (ha ha, a joke, right?) drive me to it.

pub.jpg
A bar, some nice dogs, an amp and a drum kit...

Looks like you've got it sussed :D
Last edited by daveuprite on Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

tt.jpg
tt.jpg (54.16 KiB) Viewed 1907 times
Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

Mosel Bikes wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:46 pmtt.jpg
Now, now, that's disparaging towards Ladybird, whose non-fiction books were factual and useful.

You need an author of childish, jolly fiction, with perhaps a slight distaste of foreigners hiding in the closet. Enid Blyton perhaps; with Bobo as Mr Twiddle or is it the other way round?
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

So the quarantine / self isolation time period might both become 10 days:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53588709
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

So 2 days before you show signs it's infectious... 2 days to get a test kit as if you show symptoms you can't go to a mobile test station... So that's 4 days already.. Then 2 more days to get test results or longer so 6 days before you even start the 7 days now requires... So nearly same as original 14....

Yet there are no figures from any governmental agency on how many self isolation or return from abroad self isolating have actually been visited by a governmental representative...

So a fuck up... Hence why the young don't give a shit and act like captain marvel...

It pains me to say the far East and New Zealand are the best at quarentine measures and the Saudis now...

Wash hands, wear gloves and a mask and keep a distance and you may survive till 2023......i hope that China closes the exotic species food markets like Thailand has...
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Yet there are no figures from any governmental agency on how many self isolation or return from abroad self isolating have actually been visited by a governmental representative..
Only figure I have read was given a few days ago and was for prosecutions of people breaking the quarantine in England

.....It was 4 people
Its a trick............get an Axe
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Asgard wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:41 am
Yet there are no figures from any governmental agency on how many self isolation or return from abroad self isolating have actually been visited by a governmental representative..
Only figure I have read was given a few days ago and was for prosecutions of people breaking the quarantine in England

.....It was 4 people
Looking again I can't find that report, only one I can find is for july 2nd and the number then was ZERO
Its a trick............get an Axe
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

it was pretty obvious to me that from the start this quarantine business for overseas arrivers was just a sop to the British people, as foreign travel was always a must to the government .. They were responding to public outrage at lack of control of `forriners entering our backsides` and stuffin our personal space .. by setting up a `pretend` control that never had any intention of being policed.

then they `relaxed` the `controls` that were never there, by air bridges .. ]much to the gratitude and relief of the common residents and holiday makers lol ]

must admit i dont understand the thinking behind this `strategy` though
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

I remember back in the old days, you know, before Covid-19, when an Air Bridge was just called a flight.

The evolution of language innit.

Return to “THE PUB”