To quarantine or not?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Asgard

Re: To quarantine or not?

Post by Asgard »

garyboy wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:35 am it was pretty obvious to me that from the start this quarantine business for overseas arrivers was just a sop to the British people, as foreign travel was always a must to the government .. They were responding to public outrage at lack of control of `forriners entering our backsides` and stuffin our personal space .. by setting up a `pretend` control that never had any intention of being policed.

then they `relaxed` the `controls` that were never there, by air bridges .. ]much to the gratitude and relief of the common residents and holiday makers lol ]

must admit i dont understand the thinking behind this `strategy` though
Yep Gary Very Obvious, I believe the thinking behind it is as simple as the old favourite of being seen to be doing something...........the reality of it is that they have given up trying to stop the spread (its impossible anyway especially with a generation of self obsessed youngsters who for the most part dont give a fuck about the consequences of their actions on someone else) but can't be seen to fail even though they have done nothing but fail since this started)
Its a trick............get an Axe
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

yes ..quarantine for internationals was always intended as a temporary pretend measure to answer critics- with- common- sense!
I think i heard this morning that the government is thinking of r3eversing `bubbles`? .. but that may be just England ........ I must admit to eventually being completely confused by the various and changing `messages` coming through the TV. I went shopping yesterday, and didnt know whether i should be wearing a face covering, or not? Ok its for England but has it changed recently for Wales ? Then there is this bubble thing .. i now visit my daughter as she has designated me, but feel feared and guilty that i could pass something on to her??? .. the other direction doesn't matter coz i is an old sod, though she would miss me doing some jobs for her, lol.

The question of them thar darned `youngsters` .. well I am a bit rebellious myself, and don't condemn them .. remember .. they are the future .. and if they pass on the bug to us older twots, then that leaves the future more open for them .. innit .. :lol: ... and also remember that they follow a God .. ... DC the bold ... who can do wot he wants, when he wants ...

rebellion is the way of the youth .. and has always been that way .. their hormones make then that way.. just like the `grandad hormone` kicks in at a certain age. Nature.!!
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

o .. btw .. wot's all this nonsense about this covid virus being so different from all the rest? ... how they think the plague spread, or the flu? ... well .. through not having symptoms, of course
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

garyboy wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:48 am o .. btw .. wot's all this nonsense about this covid virus being so different from all the rest? ... how they think the plague spread, or the flu? ... well .. through not having symptoms, of course
The plague was spread by fleas, though I get what you mean.

This virus is different though, it is much more mobile than say flu and also seems to be more hardy.

The point of lock-down was to reduce the spread to acceptable (statistically) levels. Now that everyone is going nuts the easing is welcome, but why are people surprised that cramming onto a beach or into a bar has started local spikes all over Europe? Quarantine will only work with track and trace, remember that waste of money, so won't work. Typical shambles.

It was always going to be like this, as Forest's mama used to say "Stupid is, as stupid does". I stay distant, can ride my bike, go clay shooting and work from home, not ideal, but acceptable.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Andorra and Belgium are being taken off the UK's exemption list it seems (as of 4am tomorrow morning) - so compulsory quarantining on return to UK from either of those. The Belgium restriction will clobber many trying to return to the UK from Holland, Northern Germany and elsewhere, who apparently can't even travel non-stop through Belgium without quarantining later.

Of course it's irrelevant to all those who won't voluntarily quarantine, because the chance of those who flout the rule being checked up on seems very slim at the moment. It's known as 'Cummingsism'. The track and trace staff are sat at home getting through multiple netflix box-sets waiting to be given something to do by Serco, who 'won' the contract and whose bosses, board and shareholders are even now flicking through jet-ski catalogues wondering how best to spend tax-payers money.
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

Think I'm gonna cumm ......
Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

I talked to my insurance, they weren’t sure so did some checking and got back to me.
Our insurance is not valid if I go to a country that the foreign office says ‘only essential travel’ - this goes hand in hand with a quarantine order.
I also checked compare.com and the insurance regulator and both say the same.
You are covered to continue your holiday if already away when the order is issued by the government - although insurers will differ on this so check the small print.

Makes the quarantine question pointless for me.

France is looking dodgy as well at the moment - let’s hope the weather holds for 3 weeks in Northumberland :ugeek:
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

The France decision might come today.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... ravel-list
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I got back last night from a three and a half week trip around bits of the EU. By riding non stop from Germany to the Chunnel (which meant cancelling my ferry ticket) I have avoided having to do 14 days quarantine and only do two as it was 12 days since I last stopped in France. I do think the Chunnel was possibly slightly safer than my ferry over, but to be honest with all the measures that Brittany had put in I felt safer on the ferry than I would a trip to my local super market. I travelled through 9 countries, although did not stop in three do to UK regulations. With the exceptions of a trip to Venice and Carcassone, at all times I felt safer and that there were more measures put in place than in the UK. After experiencing my first experience of road rage in over four hours on the M25 were the muppet shouting abusive out of his window did not have the courtesy to put his mask on first, I filled up for petrol just off the M11 and was surprised by the lack of alcohol in the garage, I don’t mean the lack of quality wine at cheap prices, I mean the lack of hand sanitiser by the entrance, the till and the toilet that I saw all over Europe. There were also two customers not wearing masks.
It’s great to be back. Cheers
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Well in 2 weeks due to most of UK campsites being fully booked I'm heading back over to France for a few days then to Germany to visit relatives before returning back to UK all by the tunnel as usual....

Germany at present in the nord westfallen heartland is running covid tests like crazy our cousin is working flat out testing in labs... Won't find that in UK..

Also contrary to press France isn't as covid19 infected as each dept has own results and most are 1 or less per 100,000...

And yep we ain't self isolating... But we will have a German covid test don't in 24 hrs... Unlike uk 5-7days....

And unless we have secretly had a GPS tracker inserted up our ass or in our arms... Nobody knows where we have been or care...

And anyway always csrry your own masks, gloves and solution then you know your covered... Glad I don't live in the ethnic parts of UK as they just want to party and don't give a fuck... LONDON is actually safer than birmingham and Glasgow lol...

Return to “THE PUB”