Cruiser riders

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Spike941

Re: Cruiser riders

Post by Spike941 »

Ok, for the first decade of this century I had the big noisy (but very reliable and comfortable) Harley, the long hair, the big beard and fully badged leather safety waistcoat, and yes I too rode it down Santa Monica Blvd. At the time, I thought it was terminal and therefore didn’t even look for a cure. As a result of a change of lifestyle when I retired, I found the need/desire for a second bike. That bike was a 955i Tiger, and a miracle cure. Within weeks, the beard came off, the hair disappeared (in fact it had been disappearing gradually for quite a few years) and my wardrobe changed. Not too long after, the Harley was changed for an Explorer, the sun came out and I’ve never been happier. But I still like the sight and sound of a cavalcade of Harleys.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

We are a group of like minded individuals so why try to divide, discriminate, isolate and judge others for their choices?
Are our personal choices superior to others?
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Us bikers are pretty diverse group of folk.
The Harley riders probably regard Adventure Bike riders as Klim-clad-self righteous-Ewan-Charlie-Wannabes.
All geared up to cross the world, whilst on a trip to a buttie van.
Don't get me started on Streetfighter riders, Sports Bike riders, Enduro Riders, Vintage bike riders, Hipsters, scooterists.....
Then there's sub-groups based on the make of bike.
You're bound to offend someone riding your bike :lol:
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Tonibe63 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:33 am We are a group of like minded individuals so why try to divide, discriminate, isolate and judge others for their choices?

Exactly- imo the HD goons are no different to the BMW mob :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Vive la difference..........mind you I draw the line at Scooter riders (unless they are Ladies of course) :mrgreen:
Its a trick............get an Axe
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

Tonibe63 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:33 am We are a group of like minded individuals so why try to divide, discriminate, isolate and judge others for their choices?
Here, here.... if it has 2 wheels and a motor, it's ok by me. And as for clothing style/appearance, who's to say what's cool/twattish etc.? Some of the nicest folks on 2 wheels I've had the pleasure of knowing are the most conventionally unconventional. Don't judge a book by its cover.... unless you've opened and read the book and know its individual content!! But even then its to do with the individual's demeanour rather than its appearance and machine choice.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Live and let live. It's down to individual choice.
We get this thread every year on what others are wearing, riding waving or not waving.
Live is too short to worry about what others do it their choice, worry about your own choices because I can guarantee that that your own personal choices will sure as hell piss off some one else's sense of what is right and and what is acceptable.
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

There’s six of us that have rode together for many years.
We all met as young trials riders, couple of em also ex racers, think IOM tt.
We all ended up with Africa Twins in the nineties and had great times riding trail riding in France and Spain.
Fast forward to last years trip to Spain, two on harleys, one FJR1300, a Tracer and a Capanord, with me on a Vstrom 1000.
We all still have a great time, but we make the noisy Harleys ride at the back😂
Always interesting to see what bikes turn up when we set off on next years trip.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
mr_diver

Post by mr_diver »

I've seen quite a few young lads on Chinese bikes in shorts and shirts, flip flops... with gloves bombing around the estate where I live.

The Harley guys around here (or at least the ones I've seen) seem to be dressed in decent gear, but then wear a scull cap helmet from the US.

There is also a guy living in a caravan in the garage compond where my garage is.
Classy bloke, living there since November.
Comes home from the steel works in Jean's and hi viz jacket, puts on a pair of faded red 90's rugby shorts, a faded red vest and climbs on his wrecked KLE500. Cheap Helmet that he's cut the straps off as he didn't like them dangling.

He roars around the estate, he passed his test a week before the lockdown.

He's seen me working (swearing) at my hack XJ600n and comes over to lecture me on bikes. Only to eat his words when I show him the other bikes in the garage.
He was spouting all kinds of crap, which I informed him I'd been riding for 11 years and knew what he was saying was $hit and his gear was inadequate, dangerous and his bike was a death trap.

It's not the gear that's wrong it's the riders attitude.
If you have the correct attitude the rest falls into place.
Think the world revolves around you and that what ever you do is fine and safety stops being a concern.
The Harley riders also want to buy into the lifestyle with the tatts, beard and hair the same as the Ewan and Charlie wannabes do with the fully spec'd bike to ride 3 miles and sit outside Starbucks. At least on the ride to coffee the Klim/BMW suits will protect in an opps moment.

I'm in good armoured textile gear, Adv boots and good helmet and I swap to Kevlar jeans and shorter touring boots for hotter days.
I wear the same full leather gloves (not winter but not vented) year round as I've got bar muffs and heated grips.
I may on a hot day ride with the flip lid up.

Dress for the slide, not the ride.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The Rantings of A Crazed Lunatic.

Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

Wow, that’s a lot of our fellow motorcyclists tried and found guilty without a defence.
Like all sub sections of society motorcycling has a small percentage of twats but........don’t label someone a twat before you talk to them.
I’ve been a no car motorcycle rider for 30 years and have met twats from all the different categories of bike riders, I’ve also met some of the most genuine people I know. Most of my mates have 2 bikes - they may be an adventure and a Harley, sports and trail, tourer and scooter whatever.
My thoughts for what they’re worth:
Whatever the situation, I say DON’T JUDGE - period.
Don’t play the blame game - all leaders and power brokers of the world use ‘divide and rule’ to keep us where they want us - more so now than ever - why help them?
Relax..........enjoy your ride, don’t judge theirs.

👍

Return to “THE PUB”