Where does it say we must return home at night?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tramp

Where does it say we must return home at night?

Post by Tramp »

Okay I'm playing devil's advocate.. Ie stubborn old fool.... But I can't find anywhere... Maybe I've not looked enough.

But if a solo motorcyclist in England was to go for a ride aka jolly and not bother folks and at end of the day decided to find a suitable night resting place like someone on the streets then next day carry on getting food at supermarkets and being more or less self sufficient...

What harm does it Do too anyone?...I'm the kind loves isolation but at same time seeing what's around the next corner....
phil_h

Re: Where does it say we must return home at night?

Post by phil_h »

1.7 Are there restrictions on how far I can travel for my exercise or outdoor activity?
No. You can travel to outdoor open space irrespective of distance. You shouldn’t travel with someone from outside your household unless you can practise social distancing - for example by cycling. Leaving your home - the place you live - to stay at another home is not allowed.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nd-cant-do

Doesnt say what time you can leave or when you have to come back... just that you mustnt _stay_ anywhere
2021 890 Adventure R
1982 R80 G/S with Siebenrock
2020 500 Excf Rally Bike
2020 500 Excf Trail Bike
1957 Velocette 500 Scrambler
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

another home I can see where Monsieur Tramp is going to go with that one .
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Well if a tarp and a camping cott makes a home... They can bloody well arrest me for non payment of council tax...

I'm off for a wander.
dynax

Post by dynax »

Next week will be going for my first overnight sea fishing session in over a decade, if anyone gets stroppy they end up with a face full of fish ( assuming i catch any ) :lol:
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Think of the phrase ‘What if everybody did it?’
Bikes are getting a bad enough press at the moment without taking the proverbial with blindingly obvious requirements.
You can go where you like for the day but go back HOME the same day.
Go for a long ride, go home, pitch a tent in your garden or living room if you like and then go for another ride on the next day and repeat.
Most people are being decent and reasonable about this so please don’t take the p*** with the rules and peoples lives. Don’t you realise how serious this situation is, irrespective of your opinion on how it is being handled?
Rant over.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

To be fair, if the quote above is accurate it says 'leaving your home to stay at another home', which I would take as a social visit.
If you are camping on your own, with minimal social contact, that's a different matter, presumably
We still have thousands of people flying into the UK every day. A mate of mine is self-isolating in a hotel, having just got back from the far east, but other people are jumping on internal flights, going by train etc.
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

The gov advice is still to stay at home as much as possible, they have relaxed the rules with guidance for the benefit of all, all leisure and private alternative accommodation for public non work related use is forbidden without a very good reason.

It's fairly simple, go out for the day, keep your distance, enjoy yourselves and return home. Next day repeat, then in a few weeks we might all be able to stay away for a limited time.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Well I've just had 3 days away in a hot lorry cab with no showers and the Bush for a crapper... Been across the pond to Belgium and a quick dash into Holland and back... So ive probably got enough excuse for some r and r.... There was lots of bikes out and they are great folks with no hang ups on the shit that's happening....

But I respect others choices.... Just think next time you eat some food from Europe.... Some poor ass trucker transported it in 3rd world conditions.... I hate refer work.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Your choice to live and work like that although god knows why you would have a truck with no aircon or find somewhere for basic amenities. Not sure I would want to eat the food that had been in your truck if conditions are like that ;) :lol:
Did you break any rules or laws while you were away? Probably not so don’t break them here. It’s not rocket science.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “THE PUB”