Off-roaders on the beaches

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
PaulinBont

Off-roaders on the beaches

Post by PaulinBont »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52491652

Always had scramblers on the coal tips in the Valleys- it's been a problem for years but I've never seen them on our beaches until now and we are talking about very popular tourist beaches on the Gower- an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty . Taking the p**ss!
dibbs

Re: Off-roaders on the beaches

Post by dibbs »

Yes that is taking the piss! im desperate to go out on my bike, but even feel bad about riding it to the office one day a week, and what pisses me off even more is that us law abiding citizens are always the ones who get a bad rap!! :evil:
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

dibbs wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:14 am Yes that is taking the piss! im desperate to go out on my bike, but even feel bad about riding it to the office one day a week, and what pisses me off even more is that us law abiding citizens are always the ones who get a bad rap!! :evil:
Dibbs...you are allowed to ride the motorbike to work just not pleasure use...I ride mine to work , training coarses etc the roads are so empty it safer than it used to be ...and all those who want to dissagree think you havent ridden a bike in 7 weeks could be a lot longer so when you do go out your out of touch like after winter rest...well for some that just rolled into lookdown...its my choice so plesse dont tell me off :twisted: :roll:
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Plus one on using the bike for work--I do on the odd occasion and have one at work and three at home so I can alternate--ride one to work and the other stored one home--its only a short distance down quiet lanes and the workshop is at a dead end, and I work alone---at least they get some oil circulating and I keep my hand in, and hopes alive!
clutchspring

Post by clutchspring »

Yes there's people out there who don't care a shit about the lockdown, couple of weeks a go the local air ambulance went over turns out some local lads had come off riding round a local building site & needed emergency medical help.
Allso nearby to us the main road is quite popular with biker's & you can still hear groups of them racing round the roads
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Tramp

Post by Tramp »

I wouldn't believe anything in the press these days they twist the info to sensationalism levels...

To be honest if the riders where best mates and his friend was on verge of suicide... I suffer from bad anxiety and his mate said come on lad well ride to the beach have some chips it'll cheer you up and we won't meet anyone.... What harm did it do?... Fuck all...

Many grown men are suffering from depression and have suicidal thoughts... Give folks some slack.
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Tramp wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:26 pm I wouldn't believe anything in the press these days they twist the info to sensationalism levels...

To be honest if the riders where best mates and his friend was on verge of suicide... I suffer from bad anxiety and his mate said come on lad well ride to the beach have some chips it'll cheer you up and we won't meet anyone.... What harm did it do?... Fuck all...

Many grown men are suffering from depression and have suicidal thoughts... Give folks some slack.
We’ve read and heard the reasons we shouldn’t be out on our bikes, but you make a good point for why, maybe, some should go for a ride.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

Yes... People are allowed to hour of exercise a day (outdoor) and what is usually place to go? Park, street... where they passing other people exercising/running. Yes... You need that because that few kg of weight gain during lockdown is a real tragedy. Kids are fine - they usually do same thing as they would any other circumstances but more - tv and computer games lol. What if someone is stuck at home because is not "essential" worker - no job and no income? And no idea when it will finish. Watching tv doesn't always take the stress away. My hobby and stress reliever is not exercising to get my abs ripped - it's motorcycle riding. So I can say me doing round trip of 150 miles most of the day with helmet on probably had less people within range of spreading infection than usual everyday "legal" jogger during their hour of legal exercise. Call me "twat" but just think about what I wrote above. And I love police here and I am not in to breaking rules but lets be reasonable - really they had to make those two "twats" who got penalised example and scapegoats?
Shame people has to explain themselves (me example). What next? Will you guys start getting guilty every time you go 5mph over speed limit?

Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk

Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Looks like the two riders of the road bikes were legal and we have no facts upon which to make a decision about their motives.

The others on the beach seem to be illegal riders as I can see no number plates on view. These people are inconsiderate and if illegal then crush their bikes.

TTFN

Hugh.

Return to “THE PUB”