Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
daveuprite

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by daveuprite »

Jak* wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:08 am I’v had my first jab and personally would be quite happy sending my second to India or Brazil. Whilst that is mainly due to sympathy for what is going on there, it is also because if we allow the virus to spread in the way that is has in those countries it is likely to mutate and come back here in a more virulent form. I listened to an interview where someone from UK was defending the right not to share patents of the vaccines with other countries, such as India which has a huge pharmaceutical production industry and ultimately it seems to come down to greed. Surely if this virus has shown us anything it is that we all need to pull together to solve the world’s problems and not put profit over people.
Yeah, very true Jak, but that open-minded view doesn't fit with the current strain of nationalism, xenophobia and racism that seeks to divide, separate and exploit based upon where people are born and what colour they are. Rather like climate change, the virus knows no artificially created boundaries, doesn't understand or acknowledge prejudice or politics, and treats everyone as an equal target. It's obvious that Indian strains from the current massive outbreak there will soon be visiting Europe and a new wave here is quite possible as a consequence. All our global resources should be going to where the cases are worst, firstly for humanitarian reasons, but even if you only selfishly care about yourself and your own family it makes eminent sense to invest in protecting India right now. This is probably a stretch of empathy too far for the racists.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Over 400 confirmed cases of the Indian variant in the UK, maybe not surprising given the fact that we were so slow to close the arrivals gate ......... can't help but think that we are all part of a large scale study :?
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

Tonibe63 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:29 pm Over 400 confirmed cases of the Indian variant in the UK, maybe not surprising given the fact that we were so slow to close the arrivals gate ......... can't help but think that we are all part of a large scale study :?
It cant help when the G7 meetings are "visited by an observing group from India". Bet they dint do 10 days quarantine and maybe tests before they got on the plane = like how many will they have infected. Also while I am whingeing - couldn't it or shouldn't it all be done over the iternet
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Mickdb1 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:44 pm
Tonibe63 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:29 pm Over 400 confirmed cases of the Indian variant in the UK, maybe not surprising given the fact that we were so slow to close the arrivals gate ......... can't help but think that we are all part of a large scale study :?
It cant help when the G7 meetings are "visited by an observing group from India". Bet they dint do 10 days quarantine and maybe tests before they got on the plane = like how many will they have infected. Also while I am whingeing - couldn't it or shouldn't it all be done over the iternet
Ironically the meeting with the Indian delegation will be via internet because 2 of them have tested positive for Covid ....... sounds like a Simpson's sketch :roll:
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

2 months after my 2nd jab and the latest blood test is showing that I still have antibodies.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

daveuprite wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:16 am Image
The one which will really hurt the UK is if the hospitalisations follow the cases, though I have read that because of the vaccinations only younger and less unwell people are now in hospital with it. Time will tell what impact the third wave will have on us.

Though we do seem to be able to get a worse variant just as we're opening up :(
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Indeed hospitalisations are rising in Leicester but all are unvaccinated. No excuses as there is lot's of vaccine available and everybody knows how to avoid it.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Tonibe63 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:29 am Indeed hospitalisations are rising in Leicester but all are unvaccinated. No excuses as there is lot's of vaccine available and everybody knows how to avoid it.
Hello @Tonibe63 Do you have a source for that Info?, im unable to find data on proportions of those vaccinated that are getting admitted to hospital in Leicester, thanks
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Seminole wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:56 am
Tonibe63 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:29 am Indeed hospitalisations are rising in Leicester but all are unvaccinated. No excuses as there is lot's of vaccine available and everybody knows how to avoid it.
Hello @Tonibe63 Do you have a source for that Info?, im unable to find data on proportions of those vaccinated that are getting admitted to hospital in Leicester, thanks
No facts, figures or data just 1st hand accounts from family members that work on the frontline in ITU and in the community doing vaccinations. I think it's too early for anybody to make statements based on data but maybe this week will bring something ........ if there is the Political will :| .

Throughout the pandemic I have watched Dr John Campbell for information, not to get too wrapped up in the figures but more about getting a feeling for how the pandemic is developing and I have to say he is very often a couple of days ahead of the BBC and the Government with his information and predictions.
Right now we are a long way down the road since March 2020 but back then we had family members coming into contact with community patients that were going into hospital plus other family members who were trying to save the very same patients and those patients sadly not surviving. When you are looking after grandchildren and have no choice but to mix with those that are literally in contact with the disease every day you tend to take a big interest in protecting your family. Hence why we enrolled on the Oxford University study, got the vaccine as soon as it came out and are having ongoing PCR and blood tests. Having held my Mums hand as she passed away (surrounded by Covid patients) I am keen to avoid the experience with anybody else.

Return to “THE PUB”