Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

flamair wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:24 pm
johnnyboxer wrote:
Brenhden wrote:Very true Asgard,

I'm truely shocked at the percentage of people I know who say they won't take the vaccine.

Speaking in independence, I see Nicola Sturgeon has pulled an absolute blinder this week. Offering £500 to Scottish health workers and challenging Boris not to tax it. He can't win that either way. Either he turns her down and everyone in scottland will hate him or he lets it happen and alienates all the English, Welsh and NI people, and looks weak into the bargain. She's running rings round him.
Brilliant
She’s sharp
Not hiw i would describe her.. She's just scoring political points out of an awful situation. The woman wants her cake and to eat it.

Sooner she's removed from power the better for all.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Not so sharp....it's been revealed that she's sat on £1bn of covid funding sent to her from Westminster, untouched while she was bleating away about a lack of money. She could also refund the income tax or round up the payment from the subsidies that Scotland gets from Westminster anyway, and she has yet to explain why, if she's so brilliant, Scotland's death rate from Covid is higher than England's in spite of the lower population density.
One day the penny will drop north of the border.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Meanwhile The twats in London have fucked up the Vaccine delivery before its started, latest statement is that the promise o fcare home residents being at the top of the pile has poofed out of existence in a cloud of incompetent Tory flatulance and is unlikely to happen this year.... they are great at promises this lot but frankly couldnt organise a wank in a brothel

If this is an indicator I'll get a jab in about 2024
Its a trick............get an Axe
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I had a feeling it was being tried out on the care home residents as a form of final trial...see if any of the old dears snuff it, if not too many then roll on phase 2.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Asgard wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:41 pm Meanwhile The twats in London have fucked up the Vaccine delivery before its started, latest statement is that the promise o fcare home residents being at the top of the pile has poofed out of existence in a cloud of incompetent Tory flatulance and is unlikely to happen this year.... they are great at promises this lot but frankly couldnt organise a wank in a brothel
If I may, I would like to declare this 'post of the day'. :D
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

I'd happily second that ...... if allowed.
Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

[/quote]
Not so sharp....it's been revealed that she's sat on £1bn of covid funding sent to her from Westminster, untouched while she was bleating away about a lack of money. She could also refund the income tax or round up the payment from the subsidies that Scotland gets from Westminster anyway, and she has yet to explain why, if she's so brilliant, Scotland's death rate from Covid is higher than England's in spite of the lower population density.
One day the penny will drop north of the border.
[/quote]

I love the way you describe "subsidies" from Westminster. There are no such things; all monies are pro-rata based on spending and are there to ensure a fair distribution of monies around the UK. The fact that the other parts of the UK have little say (even Ulster who bribed the previous Tory govt) is by the wayside. Funny how Maggie Thatcher was applauded for demanding a rebate from Europe as we were (as she saw it) paying too much in and not getting enough back, yet when Wee Nici asks for more of our own money back, she gets derided. If we are such a burden that we need handouts, then cast us off............

Your assertions on death rates worry me though, as according to the New York Times, today, it is not true. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... cases.html

The penny has long dropped, we are paying for your HS2, your Crossrail, your Nuclear power stations and every single Westminster F&^K up Bojo and his clown circus makes.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

The transport secretary is proposing to allow “high-value business travellers” to avoid quarantine on their return to this country.

So it’s two weeks in isolation for the proles who fancy a winter break in Marbella but you should be OK if you’re doing a spot of money-laundering in Zurich or the Caymans.

While in isolation the plebs can mull over the fact that it was largely high-value business travellers who brought the virus here in the first place — the businessmen back from China or Singapore and the ski bunnies back from breaking their necks in France and Italy. By the same token it was generally the elderly and poor who died of Covid.

We were never “all in this together”. It looks like we’re not getting out of it together, either.
Its a trick............get an Axe
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

At the time of the Scottish referendum someone said their vote would likely be different according to what side of the border they lived on. The implication was that if they lived in Scotland they would vote for Scotland to remain. If they lived in England they would vote for Scotland to leave.

All the devolved Assemblies did was to stoke resentment in England. As an Englishman living in England where is my independence vote? Where is my "Assembly" for just English MPs to vote on English matters.

Check out the "West Lothian" question.

Check out the Barnet Formula.

What I don't understand is why we have no SNP candidates standing in English constituencies.

tom

(Englishman with a Scottish great great grandfather)
... and today was a good day in the life of...
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

At the time of the Scottish referendum someone said their vote would likely be different according to what side of the border they lived on. The implication was that if they lived in Scotland they would vote for Scotland to remain. If they lived in England they would vote for Scotland to leave.
I could understand that, it has never been a simple question to grapple with, though for me it has become clearer since Brexit. Too many lies, smoke and mirrors have instilled deep distrust in Westminster.
All the devolved Assemblies did was to stoke resentment in England. As an Englishman living in England where is my independence vote? Where is my "Assembly" for just English MPs to vote on English matters.
The Govt at the time of setting up the devolved administrations decided to keep Westminster for English decisions. There was a discussion of a Northern Assembly, but there was no appetite for it, though there is now....A buggers muddle is the result, it should have been done along clean lines. You could have an independence vote if enough of you wanted it.....
Check out the "West Lothian" question.
It's not that difficult, SNP MP's generally don't vote on English only matters, nor do they have representatives in the House of Lords believing it to be undemocratic. I believe the Scottish Conservative and Labour MP's do vote along party lines on English matters, which is not democratic.
Check out the Barnet Formula.
A result of the mess from not setting up an English Assembly (or Assemblies).
What I don't understand is why we have no SNP candidates standing in English constituencies.
The clue is in the name.... :lol: They would lose their deposits so not worth it.
dave h

Post by dave h »

well done Britain,
inoculations starting tomorrow,

dave.

Return to “THE PUB”