Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tonibe63

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Tonibe63 »

Seminole wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:52 am
Tonibe63 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:16 am Yesterday our Daughter said they are down to just 5 patients in ICU with Covid all of whom were unvaccinated younger women that were pregnant or had very recently given birth.
All 5 in such a specific demographic?, Very Strange
Not really, it shows how well the vaccine is working for those that have had the jab and also how vulnerable the unvaccinated are.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Your story stated a far more specific set of circumstances than just unvaccinated of course, Ill see if I can find anything more authoritative.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Seminole wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:25 am Your story stated a far more specific set of circumstances than just unvaccinated of course, Ill see if I can find anything more authoritative.
My story stated the facts as witnessed by our Daughter who is in charge of the nursing teams actually doing the care of all 30+patients on ICU. For me this is far more authoritative than any 'official' figures.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Seminole wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:25 am Your story stated a far more specific set of circumstances than just unvaccinated of course, Ill see if I can find anything more authoritative.
good luck with that .. :D
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Our latest bloodtests show that we are still positive for antibodies, mine is 5 months since my 2nd jab and my Wife's is 7 months since her 2nd jab. Some data is showing that antibodies drop off after 8 months so next month's bloodtests will be interesting.
Last edited by Tonibe63 on Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Ive only been around antibody blood tests that differentiate between natural infection antibodies and those after vaccination being used to tell if you've been previously infected not to test vaccine efficacy drop via waning antibody counts
Presumably you are in a research group?
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Seminole wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:17 pm Ive only been around antibody blood tests that differentiate between natural infection antibodies and those after vaccination being used to tell if you've been previously infected not to test vaccine efficacy drop via waning antibody counts
Presumably you are in a research group?
Yes we've been on the ONS/Oxford University study since October. Initially a PCR test once a week for 5 weeks and then a PCR each month thereafter. We also have a series of questions to answer each time we do the test. ​My Wife also does a lateral flow test twice a week for work requirements and I occasionally do a lateral flow about a week after family gatherings. Neither of us has tested positive in all that time.
The antibody testing has been a blood test once a month since April and we've shown positive for antibodies every time.
The data showing a drop off in antibodies comes from an Israeli study.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Not a good outlook for the Old and vulnerable with comorbidities. Looks like we'll soon get some open and straight admissions that the fight has been abandoned ...(we all knew that anyway didnt we?)... and the pretense of sensible measure etc will be dropped
Hopefully the vaccine will remain protective for the majority

(Spooky Parallel with the current Afghanistan situation I thought)

daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Very interesting, Seminole. Well worth watching. And much better than so many opinion pieces because he properly cites his sources.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

What I found quite interesting was the bit about stopping counting cases via random testing and only counting those presenting as ill, To me that would be the final indication that we have accepted that its endemic.

Its not a great outlook and its one that will get all the covid deniers thinking they were right all along and its just like flu which of course it isnt and we can only hope that eventually it becomes so.

Return to “THE PUB”