Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Seminole

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Seminole »

Tonibe63 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:04 pm
Seminole wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:17 pm Ive only been around antibody blood tests that differentiate between natural infection antibodies and those after vaccination being used to tell if you've been previously infected not to test vaccine efficacy drop via waning antibody counts
Presumably you are in a research group?
Yes we've been on the ONS/Oxford University study since October. Initially a PCR test once a week for 5 weeks and then a PCR each month thereafter. We also have a series of questions to answer each time we do the test. ​My Wife also does a lateral flow test twice a week for work requirements and I occasionally do a lateral flow about a week after family gatherings. Neither of us has tested positive in all that time.
The antibody testing has been a blood test once a month since April and we've shown positive for antibodies every time.
The data showing a drop off in antibodies comes from an Israeli study.

Just to be clear on this the antibody tests you are having are specifically for antibody types produced by vaccination and not through infection? and if so have you ever been tested for natural infection antibodies?.
The Israeli study is worrying but Its my understanding its largely extrapolated from case data rather than antibody testing so is open to being slewed by many factors

Have to say twice weekly Lateral flow testing for hospital staff not a great deal more than window dressing, but can understand why they don't go further
clutchspring

Post by clutchspring »

Godspeed you hit the nail right on the head there,
I've heard that obesity is now the new disabled, so eat your self to death & get all the benefits that a genuinely disabled person needs & quite rightly gets.
Know wonder the NHS is on it's knees,
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Seminole wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:46 am Just to be clear on this the antibody tests you are having are specifically for antibody types produced by vaccination and not through infection? and if so have you ever been tested for natural infection antibodies?.
The test just gives us a yes answer to being positive for antibodies, it doesn't quantify what levels or test for how it is acquired.
Both of us believe we could have had Covid in April 2020 but not tested. My Wife's test (through work) showed "inconclusive for antibodies" in October, prior to her first vaccination. Prior to my vaccinations I wasn't tested for antibodies.

Seminole wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:46 am The Israeli study is worrying but Its my understanding its largely extrapolated from case data rather than antibody testing so is open to being slewed by many factors
That's my understanding too but because Isreal was the first Country to get most of their population double vaccinated then it is the best indicator (guess) of a drop off in antibodies that they have to work on.

Seminole wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:46 am Have to say twice weekly Lateral flow testing for hospital staff not a great deal more than window dressing, but can understand why they don't go further
I agree and suspect they can't afford to go looking too deeply for fear of staff shortages (indeed window dressing).
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Just for info:-
Both our latest monthly PCR tests are negative for Covid and both bloodtests are positive for antibodies.
Wife got her vaccine booster booked for this Friday so 9 months after her 2nd vaccination. Mines booked for 12th October which is 7 months after my 2nd vaccination.
Both getting flu jab this Friday.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
simonw

Post by simonw »

Tonibe63 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:44 pm <Snip>
Seminole wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:46 am The Israeli study is worrying but Its my understanding its largely extrapolated from case data rather than antibody testing so is open to being slewed by many factors
That's my understanding too but because Isreal was the first Country to get most of their population double vaccinated then it is the best indicator (guess) of a drop off in antibodies that they have to work on.
<snip>
At one of the govt briefings the other day one of the scientists said that whilst the Israel data was interesting you couldn't do a like for like comparison as Israel left much less of a gap between jabs, which has some significant bearing on longevity of protection etc.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

simonw wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:03 pm
Tonibe63 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:44 pm <Snip>
<snip>
At one of the govt briefings the other day one of the scientists said that whilst the Israel data was interesting you couldn't do a like for like comparison as Israel left much less of a gap between jabs, which has some significant bearing on longevity of protection etc.
The UK went out on a limb regarding increasing the gap between 1st and 2nd doses and I don't know of any Country that took that action before the UK did, which means there is no comparable data to call on. I think the only data that may be available will come from the ONS/Oxford University study that we have monthly blood tests for. I was expecting to see a drop off in my Wife's antibodies at 9 months but they haven't and she is due a booster this week so unlikely to see a drop off any time soon. Maybe the ONS will have more data from other participants over the next couple of months.
simonw

Post by simonw »

I thought there was now some data which showed that it was better to have a longer gap between vaccinations, but I may be wrong. At the time it looked like a political/logistical decision rather than a medical one, but as you say, the gamble may have paid off.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

5 weeks ago the daily rate in my area was 165 in 100.000, now its over 900 FFS!
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Seminole wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:02 am 5 weeks ago the daily rate in my area was 165 in 100.000, now its over 900 FFS!
Youngsters taking it home to their parents, people in shops/work place not wearing masks or social distancing etc etc blah blah blah. Over the last few weeks I've visited over 100 different work places and I estimate that less than 25% of people are wearing masks. We all know the common sense precautions and the vaccines are out there so there really is no excuse. I'm not making excuses for the current Government or it's actions but now more than ever it is everyman for himself. The file containing 'plan B' has "fuck it" written on the front and has a book by Charles Darwin inside.
Meanwhile today our Daughter is in charge of the Covid red ward for 13 hours trying to juggle the ever decreasing staff levels along with the increasing patient demand ..... yes people are still dieing from Covid despite the media only being obsessed with petrol shortages and Cock26 meeting.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I know more people who have caught Covid in the last month than since the beginning of the pandemic in the UK and yet people seem to have abandoned masks and social distancing. Personally I really don’t have an issue with wearing masks in shops and am generally quite happy to have two metres between myself and people I do not know, actually I would prefer two miles in most cases. With the hospitals already over stretched, the flu season upon us and half term this week, the future does not look good. The vaccination programme seems to have lost its momentum as well. Unfortunately we still have a bunch of incompetent clowns in charge.

Return to “THE PUB”