Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
HarveyCamm

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by HarveyCamm »

If I get one more e-mail from the CEO of some poxy company I once transacted with telling me how to avoid the disease and what stirling work their company is doing in the face of adversity I'm gonna lose it. Even had a mail from the opticians regurgitating everything the government has already circulated - can I spam isolate now please?

ARRRGGGGH
almar

Post by almar »

Stopped twice on the way home, seems like road side checks everywhere, got all the documents but it's still a little unnerving, gendarme taking this seriously!
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

daveuprite wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:43 pm We've got ours filled in for when we feed a friend's horses later (5 kms away).

Remember to take your CDJ / ID with you too.

Apparently queues in Bellac were mental this morning. Glad I did some shopping yesterday. With everyone off work, they have nothing else to do but stock up I suppose.

Looks like we're not going to be able to meet up for dirt days for a while after all. But I'm taking the Beta into the forest for an hour or two tomorrow. Nobody will ever know I'm in there anyway. Just me and the wild boars for company. And I've always made a point of staying at least 2 metres from a wild boar anyway....
Going out tomoz....bugger, do you think if I leave mine about 3am I sneak under the radar, it only takes 50mins to get to yours...sleep in me van etc. BUGGER.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

HarveyCamm wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:58 pm If I get one more e-mail from the CEO of some poxy company I once transacted with telling me how to avoid the disease and what stirling work their company is doing in the face of adversity I'm gonna lose it. Even had a mail from the opticians regurgitating everything the government has already circulated - can I spam isolate now please?

ARRRGGGGH

I took part in a video conference yesterday. The host spent the first 20 minutes telling everyone how business would be better than it was, but at some unknown point in the future, and what they were doing to facilitate that blah, blah, blah :roll: .
One participant soon shut him up when he said that's all well and good but what we want to know is what to do NOW...

It made me chuckle, in these difficult times...
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
OB1

Post by OB1 »

I decided to self-isolate and work from home this week. I seem to be the test-case for our company for working remotely... rather ironic as we sell remote computing solutions!
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

So my trip to Romania on my Innova 125 has now been cancelled.
At work today (I’m frontline Cardiac staff at a busy NHS cardiac dept) we were fitted for respirators and told that leave will be cancelled and that this is not going to be sorted in the next couple of months.
We’ve been phoning elderly patients all day to cancel their routine appointments and routine surgical procedures have been cancelled freeing up capacity to look after sick patients.
Already 9 staff from our unit are unable to come to work as they have been in contact with family members with the virus so we are staff down from the off.
Unfortunately this is going to be a very difficult time indeed.

I hope and pray that everyone on here will keep well and safe, look after yourselves and your loved ones. The roads and byways will still be there next year to ride, and ride them we shall 👍
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Good luck to you and your colleagues!

And thanks from all of us to all of you.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

chunky butt wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:59 pm
daveuprite wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:43 pm We've got ours filled in for when we feed a friend's horses later (5 kms away).

Remember to take your CDJ / ID with you too.

Apparently queues in Bellac were mental this morning. Glad I did some shopping yesterday. With everyone off work, they have nothing else to do but stock up I suppose.

Looks like we're not going to be able to meet up for dirt days for a while after all. But I'm taking the Beta into the forest for an hour or two tomorrow. Nobody will ever know I'm in there anyway. Just me and the wild boars for company. And I've always made a point of staying at least 2 metres from a wild boar anyway....
Going out tomoz....bugger, do you think if I leave mine about 3am I sneak under the radar, it only takes 50mins to get to yours...sleep in me van etc. BUGGER.
Well you're welcome here Steve, of course, providing you aren't coughing your lungs out. However I can't find a tick box on that form for "scroting around with another knob".
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Just got back from three weeks in South Africa an hour ago.
The facemask wearers are a joke. Mostly young and apparently healthy westerners but, apart from wearing occasional latex gloves all day (yuk), most are ripped anyway. They don’t sanitise anything they do actually touch and most seem to leave a trail of rubbish wherever they go. They are just being laughed at or pitied by everyone.

One girl at Joburg airport had a mask on in a cafe but was happy to sit with her grubby shoes on the adjacent chair and touch the table, railings etc etc while eating and drinking.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Bless you GS.
Its a trick............get an Axe

Return to “THE PUB”