Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
johnnyboxer

Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by johnnyboxer »

byewayrider wrote:It boils down to a simple fact we all need money to survive..

End of.....
I will counter that

We live in a Spend, Spend, Spend society

Spend all we have, borrow more and live life to the full

Britain has now been built on a consumer model, spend more on retail & to hell with manufacturers who actually produce raw materials

So, when the shite hits the fan there is general lack of preparedness in the population at large & this has happened during 2020 with the Covid pandemic

Time & again we were advised to have 6 months wages as savings, to cover any eventuality like job loss, ill health or a disaster such as Covid pandemic

But have we?

Have people like f**k

No fiscal readiness whatsoever

Plus there is no responsibility amongst society to do the right thing, follow the rules and wear a mask, space and wash hands

I see people thinking a fecking Buff, as a face mask - WTF will that do to help somebody else

Not isolating

Not undertaking Track & Trace

I have lost patience

People should take some fecking responsibility themselves
Last edited by johnnyboxer on Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Mosel Bikes

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Mosel Bikes »

Yep, exactly right.
Trying to dress it up as people are ignoring the guidelines and rules out of economic necessity is ill-informed and overly simplistic.
People should take the time to find out, think, then act responsibly.
I'm with Joker 'you (they) get what you fuckin' deserve'.
End of.
Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I love the irony in the government’s response over free school meals. They are now saying that it should be local authorities dealing with the problem as they are best placed to do so. This is after ten years of running down the amount of money given to local authorities, as they don’t trust them and want to put the services that they provide in the hands of private companies that they have shares in.
Last edited by Jak* on Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Here are the full ONS weekly death totals for Week 16 for the past 6 years...

If you are still going round thinking the government as inept as it is................. is ruining the Economy for no good reason then ......

I'll just add that the people in developed countries are using the worlds resources at a rate that would need 4 Earths to sustain while those in places like the Sudan are using what would take just a quarter of the worlds resources to sustain ...we only have one Earth and everyone in the west is running around like headless chickens because we might not have the money soon to be able to carry on destroying it by our rampant consumerism

As that old poster we all bought when we young and had ideals said.....

Its a trick............get an Axe
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Decisions, decisions in this Pandemic
Screenshot_20201027-165339_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201027-165339_Gallery.jpg (68.69 KiB) Viewed 532 times
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Maybe HE is wearing a mask...
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

"I see people thinking a fecking Buff, as a face mask - WTF will that do to help somebody else"

The Rule is to wear a face covering not a mask, so a buff is perfectly OK. I wear one on occasion and I wear a mask on others.

As for what it will do, it will stop droplets from being exhaled at high velocity, which is the point. In that respect it can be better than a mask as masks tend to have gaps around the edges where breath is simply deflected out and not slowed down.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Elmer J Fudd wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:14 pm "I see people thinking a fecking Buff, as a face mask - WTF will that do to help somebody else"

The Rule is to wear a face covering not a mask, so a buff is perfectly OK. I wear one on occasion and I wear a mask on others.

As for what it will do, it will stop droplets from being exhaled at high velocity, which is the point. In that respect it can be better than a mask as masks tend to have gaps around the edges where breath is simply deflected out and not slowed down.
So, why don't Medics in hospitals just wear buffs then, why go to the trouble of buying medical masks or FFP3 respirator masks, when any old bit of cloth over your face, is just as good.............you reckon
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:53 pm
Elmer J Fudd wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:14 pm "I see people thinking a fecking Buff, as a face mask - WTF will that do to help somebody else"

So, why don't Medics in hospitals just wear buffs then, why go to the trouble of buying medical masks or FFP3 respirator masks, when any old bit of cloth over your face, is just as good.............you reckon
I'll take that as a serious question rather than a diatribe.

Medics wear clinical masks in clinical environments in close contact with patients, they know how to fit (without touching the cloth part) and wear them and they are checked before they enter a clinical environment to ensure fit is correct. The mask (as with other PPE) is used once, then destroyed.

Your average Johnny doesn't have a clue and wears a "mask" because he thinks it is he right thing to do, and Doctors wear them, so that must be right. However he doesn't know how to fit it or have someone check it so he doesn't know if it fits properly, he moves it around by possibly contaminated hand, he wears it time and again sometimes for several days, or maybe longer, in and out of his possibly contaminated pocket.

So yes, unless you know how to fit, wear then destroy and replace / clean your mask EVERY time you touch it with bare hands = every time you take it off, then absolutely any bit of cloth is just as good as a mask for the average Johnny........I reckon.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Me too, based on what "experts" tells me is adequate for me to help spread the lurgy and reduce my chances of getting it.

Return to “THE PUB”