Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tonibe63

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Tonibe63 »

I agree with the sentiment demonstrated in the graph and also the need for a whole World vision to get us all out of this mess. However, whilst it is true that the rich nations appear to be ignoring the poorer countries it is not the full story. India has by far the biggest capacity for vaccine manufacturer and is making the Oxford/AZ for distribution to many poorer nations. There are also many new vaccines (most are derived from existing formula) from many different countries and areas of the World which will help the situation immensely.
The future is looking brighter regarding Covid and also regarding being more prepared for future pandemics aslong as we maintain a whole World perspective.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
SteveWat

Post by SteveWat »

daveuprite wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:40 am Image

Basically, third world countries don't even appear on the chart. Looks like the world has done it yet again. Prioritise the rich, neglect the poor. Except that it won't work with covid. A rich European is not ultimately and completely safe from CV19 until the poorest Mongolian peasant or Congolese farmer is also fully vaccinated.
There have been a total of 695 deaths due to CV19 in The Congo and a total of 2 deaths due to CV19 in Mongolia.
CV19 is more prevalent in certain countries and it’s right that the vaccine is rolled out in the vulnerable countries first.
Regarding that graph, in Britain we’ve had a lot of Covid cases....a perfect storm of a liberal country, a world hub for travel and a high density of population.
The vast majority of people infected have fully recovered, me included, I’ve also had my first jab.
Should we not be prioritising people who haven’t had CV19 yet?
Surely if I’ve had CV19 my first jab is like my second jab and my second jab is over-kill.
dave h

Post by dave h »

daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Read this ! :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... id-vaccine

What a barking mad world. You've got millions of people living in countries with high quality education systems choosing to believe that the vaccine is some kind of alien microchip control conspiracy, and then others dressing up as OAPs to get a jab early. FFS....
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

Was sent this via facebook. Interesting thought:

They designed & built a spacecraft, created launch operations, made custom rocket propellant, designed and built a generator using decaying plutonium for energy, and then flew it all 300 million miles into the most hostile environment known and landed it on another planet (Mars) For just ONE TENTH of the cost of UK Track and Trace created by Dido Harding.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Many 3rd World nations have very young populations, and hence little to fear from Covid. Those nations also have far more pressing health issues. Covid is a first world problem, because we enjoy good health and long lives.
It's also interesting how comparatively reluctant BAME individuals in the UK are to take up the vaccine...even though they are being specifically targeted with 'Culturally appropriate' campaigns. That reluctance even extends to BAME working in the health and care sector.
There are similar trends in organ and blood donation, and participation in preventative cancer screening.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:53 pm Many 3rd World nations have very young populations, and hence little to fear from Covid. Those nations also have far more pressing health issues. Covid is a first world problem, because we enjoy good health and long lives.
It's also interesting how comparatively reluctant BAME individuals in the UK are to take up the vaccine...even though they are being specifically targeted with 'Culturally appropriate' campaigns. That reluctance even extends to BAME working in the health and care sector.
There are similar trends in organ and blood donation, and participation in preventative cancer screening.
Hmmm .. and its not as if BAME were victimised or discriminated against at all .. to have this silly attitude ..
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

ps .. when i worked in England .. i was told i was an `ethnic minority` ..

.. I couldn't even answer the twat .. :o
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

pps .. i dress up as a YOUNG person .. to Avoid the dreaded jab ... wot with all them fakkin microchips in ... I prefer good old fashioned deep fat fried chips ... 8-)

Return to “THE PUB”