Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Seminole

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Seminole »

Perhaps Leicester is not representative or perhaps your anecdotal 'evidence' is from a rather small sample of experiences, either way please dont use such unsupported information to imply people dont go to hospital with covid after 2 jabs, nationwide we have already seen signs that this is far from the truth and a not insignificant proportion are dying from the Delta variant even after 2 jabs

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-heal ... have-cast/
simonw

Post by simonw »

Seminole wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:59 pm Perhaps Leicester is not representative or perhaps your anecdotal 'evidence' is from a rather small sample of experiences, either way please dont use such unsupported information to imply people dont go to hospital with covid after 2 jabs, nationwide we have already seen signs that this is far from the truth and a not insignificant proportion are dying from the Delta variant even after 2 jabs

I didn't read Tonibe's post as suggesting that people don't go to hospital after 2 jabs, which is true of course. I read some stats from somewhere which showed that of those that tested positive, 0.03 % died who had had a second vaccine dose. Still not a big enough sample size, but better odds than without the vaccine of course.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Seminole wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:59 pm Perhaps Leicester is not representative or perhaps your anecdotal 'evidence' is from a rather small sample of experiences, either way please dont use such unsupported information to imply people dont go to hospital with covid after 2 jabs, nationwide we have already seen signs that this is far from the truth and a not insignificant proportion are dying from the Delta variant even after 2 jabs

I can only assume that you read what you wanted to read in my post because I neither implied or believe that people with 2 jabs totally avoid going to hospital. However I do believe that people who have had both vaccinations are less likely to get admitted to hospital and much less likely to die.
Although my post is not reported by your chosen media outlet it is from sources that I trust far more than any politically aligned media story.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Sunday June 13th our Son went to his Wife's family for a barbeque, 4 days later one of the six people there was told to get a test after a work colleague had tested positive. Now progressively all 6 have tested positive with very mild symptoms (headache and hayfever like runny nose/sore throat) which they hadn't given a second thought. Obviously they are self isolating.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

I hope they and whoever else they've passed it to all get through OK
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Our Son(29), Daughter in Law and her parents have all now had 2 negative lateral flow tests each which means they are back to work, although they all have ongoing cough and fatigue. So from the initial covid 'contact' through to getting symptoms themselves and recovery was approximately 4 weeks.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

An interesting update on some of the more exotic holiday destinations or even bike tours which our mainstream media don't include on the evening news.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I think you could have posted any of the thousands of pictures of maskless crowds hugging and dancing in the streets because someone won a football match. I would guess that theses pictures, together with those of Hancock snogging his mistress and Johnson getting into his chauffeur driven car maskless, have pretty much made it impossible to prosecute anyone for breaching Covid rules. Personally I’d quite happily continue to wear a mask in shops and on public transport if it stops me or other people getting this horrible disease and it reduces the burden on the NHS.
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

daveuprite wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:08 am Image
Maybe the creme egg guy was trying to tickle his prostate....

Return to “THE PUB”