Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
johnnyboxer
Posts: 7370
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:53 am
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 285 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by johnnyboxer » Thu May 07, 2020 6:03 am

DavidS wrote:They were saying today that obesity is a very high risk state.
Puts extra strain on the body’s organs and the UK is the fattest nation in Europe
We buy things we don't need



With money we don't have



To impress people we don't even like

Pre-order your limited edition ABR T-shirts
Oop North John
Posts: 1543
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:30 am
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Oop North John » Thu May 07, 2020 7:18 am

garyboy wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 5:40 am
Number of Deaths in the UK ..

First we were told that X was the number of DEATHS ..
Then we were told that X was in fact the number of deaths in HOSPITALS ..
Recently we realised that X was the number of deaths .. of people in hospital who had been TESTED for cv19

.. then add those NOT tested, and the care homes, suicides, cancer patients, etc etc etc .. ??????

Statistics can be portrayed as the portrayer wishes, and curve lines can be calculated on those statistics to show what the portrayer wishes, even when comparing apples with pears.


Even so … UK doctors are not mysteriously falling out of windows, and I am sure the government is doing their best, as they see it
Good points, and my only comments are that I'm glad that we seem to have an effective opposition leader in the House of Commons, and thank god I'm not a doctor in Russia.

Flyfifer
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:35 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Flyfifer » Thu May 07, 2020 11:41 am

I have been patiently waiting for a reply from my MSP on how the initially quoted R of Three was calculated, specifically what the data source for the calculation was
Given when R of 3 was announced we had heehaw tracing or testing it's a mystery to me how it could have been done.
The Covid19 Committee asked the same question.
I chased again yesterday.

Tramp
Posts: 7529
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:04 am
Has thanked: 300 times
Been thanked: 536 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Tramp » Thu May 07, 2020 2:41 pm

Rant time, just got back from my hour long cycle through our part of the new forest and the amount of elderly out in open top cars sightseeing and the old gits sat in deck chairs by the camper vans, when I approached them and asked if they'd been exercising... All I got was abuse and piss off... They didn't understand the millions of people sacrificing their jobs and freedom by staying at home to protect the elderly and infirm...

But justice was sweat as round the corner came a forest verderor and local Bobby...

If its good enough to fine 2 lads out getting fish and chips it's good enough to fine the elderly on their pensions while millions get just unemployment money and are on there ass...


It makes my piss boil... Ungrateful sod's..

Rant over...

DavidS
Posts: 1410
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:38 am
Location: East Sussex
Has thanked: 753 times
Been thanked: 349 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by DavidS » Thu May 07, 2020 3:35 pm

When I venture into the front garden, the vast majority of drivers going down our country lane appear to be 70+ and usually with other half in the car.
I will be going to pick up my blood pressure tablets tomorrow and going on the Triumph....but I will only go straight to the docs and back, about 15 miles max. First bike ride since mid February.
2019 Triumph T120 Black
LOOKING FOR A USED 2019/20 KTM 690 ENDURO R

User avatar
garyboy
Posts: 3131
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:14 pm
Location: Pontypridd
Has thanked: 1399 times
Been thanked: 615 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by garyboy » Thu May 07, 2020 3:51 pm

Tramp wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:41 pm
Rant time, just got back from my hour long cycle through our part of the new forest and the amount of elderly out in open top cars sightseeing and the old gits sat in deck chairs by the camper vans, when I approached them and asked if they'd been exercising... All I got was abuse and piss off... They didn't understand the millions of people sacrificing their jobs and freedom by staying at home to protect the elderly and infirm...

But justice was sweat as round the corner came a forest verderor and local Bobby...

If its good enough to fine 2 lads out getting fish and chips it's good enough to fine the elderly on their pensions while millions get just unemployment money and are on there ass...


It makes my piss boil... Ungrateful sod's..

Rant over...
I hope they told you to 'piss off' loudly .
and with spray :lol:



Try to think who is the one who should be grateful to our forebears
Last edited by garyboy on Thu May 07, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
garyboy
Posts: 3131
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:14 pm
Location: Pontypridd
Has thanked: 1399 times
Been thanked: 615 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by garyboy » Thu May 07, 2020 3:54 pm

DavidS wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 3:35 pm
When I venture into the front garden, the vast majority of drivers going down our country lane appear to be 70+ and usually with other half in the car.
I will be going to pick up my blood pressure tablets tomorrow and going on the Triumph....but I will only go straight to the docs and back, about 15 miles max. First bike ride since mid February.
ENJOY !!!!! 8-)

And don't apologise for your entitlement

best wishes

DavidS
Posts: 1410
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:38 am
Location: East Sussex
Has thanked: 753 times
Been thanked: 349 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by DavidS » Thu May 07, 2020 4:41 pm

garyboy wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 3:54 pm
DavidS wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 3:35 pm
When I venture into the front garden, the vast majority of drivers going down our country lane appear to be 70+ and usually with other half in the car.
I will be going to pick up my blood pressure tablets tomorrow and going on the Triumph....but I will only go straight to the docs and back, about 15 miles max. First bike ride since mid February.
ENJOY !!!!! 8-)

And don't apologise for your entitlement

best wishes
Thanks.
And my dealer is starting servicing next week so, if I can ultimately safely get 117 miles in, I can finally get the 500 mile first service done.

A yoof who constantly rides up and down the road on a ring ding 2t along with a couple of other guys who are clearly not needing to travel decided to practice rolling wheelies today :twisted:
Hopefully he will meet one of the many tractors or 40 tonne trucks that service the local farms.
2019 Triumph T120 Black
LOOKING FOR A USED 2019/20 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Tonibe63
Posts: 2490
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:05 pm
Has thanked: 646 times
Been thanked: 393 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Tonibe63 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:09 pm

I assume you have never ridden up the road trying to pull wheelies :roll:
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

DavidS
Posts: 1410
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:38 am
Location: East Sussex
Has thanked: 753 times
Been thanked: 349 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by DavidS » Thu May 07, 2020 5:43 pm

Actually, no. And Certainly not for 200 yards.
It’s difficult enough on the trails just lifting the front wheel over a stick. :oops:
2019 Triumph T120 Black
LOOKING FOR A USED 2019/20 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Post Reply

Return to “THE PUB”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dubber68, Jak*, Majestic-12 [Bot], PDiddy and 260 guests