Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Jak*
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:05 pm
Has thanked: 271 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Jak* » Wed May 06, 2020 3:51 pm

Personally I find the conduct of Boris far more immoral. I am more concerned that the we, the tax payers paid for a study on the impact of a major pandemic which this government then proceeded to ignore. But then we should not expect anything different from a government who ignore the experts when it suits them.
All those clapping on Thursdays (including Boris) should put this up in their windows.

https://images.app.goo.gl/XdvFqbFT9b2aW1ZY6

Cheers

Pre-order your limited edition ABR T-shirts
Redmurty
Posts: 11717
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:44 pm
Has thanked: 337 times
Been thanked: 153 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Redmurty » Wed May 06, 2020 5:28 pm

Jak* wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 3:51 pm
Personally I find the conduct of Boris far more immoral. I am more concerned that the we, the tax payers paid for a study on the impact of a major pandemic which this government then proceeded to ignore. But then we should not expect anything different from a government who ignore the experts when it suits them.
All those clapping on Thursdays (including Boris) should put this up in their windows.

https://images.app.goo.gl/XdvFqbFT9b2aW1ZY6

Cheers
Just imagine Jak what a wonderful world you would of been living in if the eu had accepted May's remainer deal :o :roll:

Prof Cockswole Lockdown is either hiding information that may protect the NHS ie immunity or he lied to cover up his little fun nights, I care jot about his fun nights but I care my life and our economy could/is being ruined on the strength of a man who is potentially a liar and I don't mean all politicians. If he is happy to lie about what was going on then how could you trust him with fact figures and information.......

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal



You don't waste time... you waste yourself

User avatar
Elmer J Fudd
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:37 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Coviexit

Post by Elmer J Fudd » Wed May 06, 2020 6:02 pm

I see the thread is mutating, just like the virus, can we should change the heading to Coviexit.

Politicians as a breed are self centred, you should never be surprised at their lack of honesty. Yes there are decent ones, but alas very few.

Brenhden
Posts: 5843
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 860 times
Been thanked: 576 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Brenhden » Wed May 06, 2020 6:24 pm

Redmurty wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 2:08 pm

wasn't he the great expert who got "mad cow" wrong ? no one is an expert in Covid 19 anyone who say's they are following the science on this is erm exaggerating as the science does not fully understand it yet hence the panic.

so you are happy to follow a mans science that believes these things don't count him in ? If he is that cavalier about his behaviour why then would he not be the same regarding his work ?

I wonder how many extra death's will eventually be reported because of lack of care for none covid related health issues like strokes and heart attacks and people not getting cancer treatments



in any case hope you and yours are well and safe

cheers Spud ;)
I think you've hit on something much more interesting here, the stats I've seen around deaths per capita aren't much use, it will be deaths compared to the same period last year that will be the teller as to the governments performance.
I can see the benefit in what they are trying to do. Alas the truth of the epidemic is hidden and non of us will know what the science really says, just what the government tells us.

He didn't work on mad cow, but he was part of the team on foot and mouth led by someone else, which had debatable outcomes and he's been part of the response to everything big since.


However. It was pointed out to me earlier that this scandalous story of illicit, curfew breaking, extra martial rumpy pumpy is really a smokescreen produced by the Tory favouring Telegraph to distract everyone from the fact that the UK became the holder of the record of the most deaths in Europe award today. Which is sickening if true. It's possible they sat on this juicy story until they needed to bury bad news.

Anyway, we're all well and happy enough here. I had half an hour riding round the garden on the CRF the other day, much to the amusement of my neighbor.
I hope you guys are well too, did you get much use out of that kettle? Do you still have the DR? I miss mine.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Honda CRF250 Rally.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

DavidS
Posts: 1410
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:38 am
Location: East Sussex
Has thanked: 753 times
Been thanked: 349 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by DavidS » Wed May 06, 2020 7:16 pm

It seems clear there is doubt about record keeping and true causes of death around Europe and the world so comparisons seem almost worthless.
Maybe we are the only country telling the truth? ;)

This is a nasty virus that no-one had experience of and is doing nasty things so scoring speculative political points is annoying and a waste of time. Irrespective of political bias, I really can’t believe any western politician or specialist would seriously accept thousands of deaths on their watch purely for personal gain.

All those who can do better, with or without the benefit of hindsight, please put yourselves forward at the next election so you can show us all how it is done.

To add possible counter balance, WMD anyone?
2019 Triumph T120 Black
LOOKING FOR A USED 2019/20 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Redmurty
Posts: 11717
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:44 pm
Has thanked: 337 times
Been thanked: 153 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Redmurty » Wed May 06, 2020 7:27 pm

Brenhden wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 6:24 pm
Redmurty wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 2:08 pm

wasn't he the great expert who got "mad cow" wrong ? no one is an expert in Covid 19 anyone who say's they are following the science on this is erm exaggerating as the science does not fully understand it yet hence the panic.

so you are happy to follow a mans science that believes these things don't count him in ? If he is that cavalier about his behaviour why then would he not be the same regarding his work ?

I wonder how many extra death's will eventually be reported because of lack of care for none covid related health issues like strokes and heart attacks and people not getting cancer treatments



in any case hope you and yours are well and safe

cheers Spud ;)
I think you've hit on something much more interesting here, the stats I've seen around deaths per capita aren't much use, it will be deaths compared to the same period last year that will be the teller as to the governments performance.
I can see the benefit in what they are trying to do. Alas the truth of the epidemic is hidden and non of us will know what the science really says, just what the government tells us.

He didn't work on mad cow, but he was part of the team on foot and mouth led by someone else, which had debatable outcomes and he's been part of the response to everything big since.


However. It was pointed out to me earlier that this scandalous story of illicit, curfew breaking, extra martial rumpy pumpy is really a smokescreen produced by the Tory favouring Telegraph to distract everyone from the fact that the UK became the holder of the record of the most deaths in Europe award today. Which is sickening if true. It's possible they sat on this juicy story until they needed to bury bad news.

Anyway, we're all well and happy enough here. I had half an hour riding round the garden on the CRF the other day, much to the amusement of my neighbor.
I hope you guys are well too, did you get much use out of that kettle? Do you still have the DR? I miss mine.
yes we have to look at the extra death, not just those who died with covid. We are generally a very unhealthy nation and that is one of the reason we have been nailed by Covid. There has only been something in the region of 350 deaths for the under 45 group and the figure gets a lot higher for the elderly like most of us on here ;)

Has he jumped and used the bonking story as an exit before the real shite hits the fan because of numbers etc and the fact the science may not be all it was cracked up to be.

The kettle I have not actually used it yet, the Tiger is getting zero use but the good old DR is getting nice little trips out to sweet lamb complex where it is standing me in good stead whilst I try to learn to ride. Unfortunately the 20 plus year old breaks arn't quite up to the rear wheel skids that "Molly" is trying to teach me :oops: but the low down grunt is helping me in other ways.

All good here health wise my business is FUBAR thought had to shut. Spending time cycling doing weights and decorating anything that does not move or moves in some cases.

As you say we will never know the true story behind all this

take and stay safe.

Cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal



You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Jak*
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:05 pm
Has thanked: 271 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Jak* » Wed May 06, 2020 8:18 pm

For those interested in such things, whilst I am not sure about honest politicians, the current format for the House of Commons means that members can no longer hide behind the baying of their members. PMQs was a good example today and Zarah Sutana’s (great name) question to Raab last week about whether the UK was going to follow other countries’ examples and not bail out those who avoid paying taxes here was interesting, as was his blustering response. Maybe they should look at continuing this way of working in the future, it might cut down the amount that we pay MPs in expenses.
I am really fortunate in my situation, living with my family on the edge of the Derbyshire Dales and still enjoying the occasional ride to work. However some of my friends are not as fortunate. What this crisis has made abundantly clear is that it is through the good will and hard work of ordinary (or extraordinary) workers in the NHS and key roles that this country will pull through, not through any advance planning or self sacrifice from the majority of MPs or millionaires. It is also very apparent that poverty is the biggest factor in who is likely to die. I hope that people will remember this after the event.
Good health to all on here and I hope we will all be able to ride again soon.
Cheers

User avatar
Asgard
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:45 pm
Location: Variable
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Asgard » Wed May 06, 2020 8:45 pm

DavidS wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:16 pm
...............................................Maybe we are the only country telling the truth? ;) .....................................................................................
:lol:
Its a trick............get an Axe

DavidS
Posts: 1410
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:38 am
Location: East Sussex
Has thanked: 753 times
Been thanked: 349 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by DavidS » Wed May 06, 2020 9:03 pm

They were saying today that obesity is a very high risk state.
2019 Triumph T120 Black
LOOKING FOR A USED 2019/20 KTM 690 ENDURO R

User avatar
garyboy
Posts: 3131
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:14 pm
Location: Pontypridd
Has thanked: 1399 times
Been thanked: 615 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by garyboy » Thu May 07, 2020 5:40 am

Number of Deaths in the UK ..

First we were told that X was the number of DEATHS ..
Then we were told that X was in fact the number of deaths in HOSPITALS ..
Recently we realised that X was the number of deaths .. of people in hospital who had been TESTED for cv19

.. then add those NOT tested, and the care homes, suicides, cancer patients, etc etc etc .. ??????

Statistics can be portrayed as the portrayer wishes, and curve lines can be calculated on those statistics to show what the portrayer wishes, even when comparing apples with pears.


Even so … UK doctors are not mysteriously falling out of windows, and I am sure the government is doing their best, as they see it

Post Reply

Return to “THE PUB”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: manganr, rockdodger and 203 guests