Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
User avatar
OB1
Posts: 2673
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:37 am
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
Has thanked: 639 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by OB1 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:50 pm

Those who have not had to endure racism don't know how it feels to walk down a street and hear a group of youths shouting "Chinkey, Chinkey" at someone they love. To them, an off-hand comment about a race of people is just a light-hearted generalisation. You may think that I am over-reacting but it is just the thin edge of the wedge.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com

Pre-order your limited edition ABR T-shirts
MotoCP
Posts: 485
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:43 pm
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by MotoCP » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:37 pm

Ok, let’s save this thread and bring it back to something close to the subject of the virus and our susceptibility if we are exposed to it.

If your want to boost your immune system check out a guy called Wim Hof (AKA The Ice Man).

There’s loads of stuff on the web about him (Including TED talks) and the 26 world endurance records he holds.

When you’ve got 45mins spare, watch the following interview.

I found it utterly compelling.


Richard Simpson Mark II
Posts: 1862
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 9:03 pm
Has thanked: 690 times
Been thanked: 967 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:48 pm

A few days ago, a guy was beaten up by four others in London, in the street. He was from Singapore actually ,but the four white attackers clearly decided that he appeared to them to be a bit 'chinese'. They beat him to the ground, shouting "I don't want your coronavirus in my country".

They punched him in the face, so he sprayed blood and snot in all directions. Good way to control infections guys (not).

Mate of mine was waiting at a traffic lights in Louth, Lincolnshire this am, and got a load of racist abuse for 'bringing infection over here' because the container on his trailer had 'China Shipping' on the side. He was heading towards the docks, it was an export container...

The terminally thick are emerging from under their rocks.

petecam
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:18 am
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by petecam » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:59 pm

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:48 pm
A few days ago, a guy was beaten up by four others in London, in the street. He was from Singapore actually ,but the four white attackers clearly decided that he appeared to them to be a bit 'chinese'. They beat him to the ground, shouting "I don't want your coronavirus in my country".

They punched him in the face, so he sprayed blood and snot in all directions. Good way to control infections guys (not).

Mate of mine was waiting at a traffic lights in Louth, Lincolnshire this am, and got a load of racist abuse for 'bringing infection over here' because the container on his trailer had 'China Shipping' on the side. He was heading towards the docks, it was an export container...

The terminally thick are emerging from under their rocks.

Isn't it funny (or not) how this sort of behaviour has been on the up since the referendum in 2016? Aided by vile demagogues like Nigel Farage and the like, who think blaming immigrants is a vote winner.

You can also see the behaviour on many forums (including this one) by over entitled (probably) white (probably) British men who apparently “can't say anything anymore, political correctness gone mad” which means, “I can’t act like a racist pig but Brexit has given me an excuse” (and now the coronavirus apparently)

What the hell is wrong with people?

Chunkychops
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:54 pm
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Chunkychops » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:42 pm

petecam wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:59 pm
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:48 pm
A few days ago, a guy was beaten up by four others in London, in the street. He was from Singapore actually ,but the four white attackers clearly decided that he appeared to them to be a bit 'chinese'. They beat him to the ground, shouting "I don't want your coronavirus in my country".

They punched him in the face, so he sprayed blood and snot in all directions. Good way to control infections guys (not).

Mate of mine was waiting at a traffic lights in Louth, Lincolnshire this am, and got a load of racist abuse for 'bringing infection over here' because the container on his trailer had 'China Shipping' on the side. He was heading towards the docks, it was an export container...

The terminally thick are emerging from under their rocks.

Isn't it funny (or not) how this sort of behaviour has been on the up since the referendum in 2016? Aided by vile demagogues like Nigel Farage and the like, who think blaming immigrants is a vote winner.

You can also see the behaviour on many forums (including this one) by over entitled (probably) white (probably) British men who apparently “can't say anything anymore, political correctness gone mad” which means, “I can’t act like a racist pig but Brexit has given me an excuse” (and now the coronavirus apparently)

What the hell is wrong with people?
Social Media and internet. You can now find all sorts of like minded idiots with the same idiotic beliefs. Anyone can be 'brave' in front of a computer screen.

Tramp
Posts: 7529
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:04 am
Has thanked: 300 times
Been thanked: 536 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Tramp » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:08 pm

The human race well media makes me sick and ashamed... Stop and think just for a moment for the poor soles who have leukemia or cancer treatment with zero protection.. They have a hard life dealing with life's shit without some disease Comng along...

I'd would happily help someone in need get through to the next day...

And I'm off to France soon to shake folks hands and do the crazy kiss.... Or is that the elbow shake...

To wake up in the morning and go to sleep at night is a blessing these days....

User avatar
garyboy
Posts: 3131
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:14 pm
Location: Pontypridd
Has thanked: 1399 times
Been thanked: 615 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by garyboy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:51 pm

petecam wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:59 pm


Isn't it funny (or not) how this sort of behaviour has been on the up since the referendum in 2016? Aided by vile demagogues like Nigel Farage and the like, who think blaming immigrants is a vote winner.

You can also see the behaviour on many forums (including this one) by over entitled (probably) white (probably) British men who apparently “can't say anything anymore, political correctness gone mad” which means, “I can’t act like a racist pig but Brexit has given me an excuse” (and now the coronavirus apparently)

What the hell is wrong with people?

This really is an interesting question .. I don't really know the answer .. but …

I blame the poliitical far Right .. 8-) :D

Firstly, human behaviour seems to be controlled by circumstances.
When things are going well and we benefit from the wealth and social situation, we are all nice people, except of course the evil ones, who have their own problems.
Our own evil sides kick in when things are not going well .. its survival.
Secondly, AUSTERITY !!… its been going on for over a decade .. people are suffering ..
the rest is not difficult to work out,

especially when you think of globalisation, threats to jobs and life, bombing of foreign countries, oil wars, drugs, propaganda, mass migrations, Chinese bikes … etc etc etc
so that the threat is not just contained to a single country, but globally, creating a rather nasty world situation,
.. and .. right on cue .. we now have a pandemic … and officially so.
creating fear, mistrust, panic, hatred, and a reluctance for some to ride their bikes.

of course its not just our far Right.. it is political movements all over the world .. getting more right wing, but reacting to event the leaders have created, for their own greedy ends.
So is this the root of it all ??

I think it is just the human condition.
When the hunting grounds have few hunter,.. all is well.
When the hunters increase… there is conflict, for resources.

What we need is a Pandemic to .. o … er ..

Redmurty
Posts: 11717
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:44 pm
Has thanked: 337 times
Been thanked: 153 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Redmurty » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:50 am

are some of you people just waking up to racism ? if brexit has done that then it was all worth it...... :o

Ginger haired freckled kid walking to school in Wolverhampton kicked to shit for daring to have an Irish surname. Late 60's and 70's people. Dog shit pushed through our letter box because of "the troubles" family members attacked because they must be "catholic"

Signs on doors "NO DOGS NO BLACKS NO IRISH"

If you have only just woken up to racism since the referendum well I envy your previous life, and if you believe it has only just become more obvious since the referendum I envy your previous life.

RACISM HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE AND ALWAYS WILL BE THERE....... it's passed on from generation to generation, it is taught behaviour no child is born a racist. It is nothing to do with Brexit, people need an escape goat someone to blame someone to hate, and there will always be people there to exploit this stupidity.

this world has gone mad, remember one thing where do your rights begin and end and where do someone else's start and end

JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU HAVE A RIGHT DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT.......

right off the soap box this morning, spring is here get the bikes out FFS and clear your brain, whether that's a pushbike ebike new 790 or heaven forbid a Harley GO RIDE.......... :roll:


cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal



You don't waste time... you waste yourself

petecam
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:18 am
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by petecam » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:53 am

Redmurty wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:50 am
are some of you people just waking up to racism ? if brexit has done that then it was all worth it...... :o


If you have only just woken up to racism since the referendum well I envy your previous life, and if you believe it has only just become more obvious since the referendum I envy your previous life.
If you were referencing the comment I made, then no I appreciate it wasn’t all butterflies and unicorns before the referendum, but there has been a marked increase in attacks since 2016 and it seem to have given some bigots some kind of credibility for their behaviour.

BTW, both my ex wife and current partner are Irish and even to this day there are comments about the IRA and making bombs made sometimes. (Facepalm)

Redmurty
Posts: 11717
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:44 pm
Has thanked: 337 times
Been thanked: 153 times

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Redmurty » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:21 am

petecam wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:53 am
Redmurty wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:50 am
are some of you people just waking up to racism ? if brexit has done that then it was all worth it...... :o


If you have only just woken up to racism since the referendum well I envy your previous life, and if you believe it has only just become more obvious since the referendum I envy your previous life.
If you were referencing the comment I made, then no I appreciate it wasn’t all butterflies and unicorns before the referendum, but there has been a marked increase in attacks since 2016 and it seem to have given some bigots some kind of credibility for their behaviour.

BTW, both my ex wife and current partner are Irish and even to this day there are comments about the IRA and making bombs made sometimes. (Facepalm)

My intent was not to pick on or single out anyone, more attacks since 2016 or more perceived attacks or more reported attacks because it was all making the news and was weaponised to create an issue or demonise a proportion of society. Racist attacks have always happened always will happen.

Brexit is now passe so the next big money maker/paper seller is Corona until the next big thing comes along to scare and control the sheepeoples. I was listening to a Prof this morning saying it was all doom and gloom and we should all be tested and then the next guy comes on the TV and rubbished everything the other one said.

As I said the suns out the roads are dryish, whip ya bikes out boys blow the cobwebs away or just take some vitamin "D"

enjoy your spring, and on that note I'm off out.....

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal



You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Post Reply

Return to “THE PUB”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bill_qaz, ScottHeyden and 327 guests