Brexit finally happens

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
johnnyboxer

Re: Brexit finally happens

Post by johnnyboxer »

Jak* wrote:I am sorry but I suspect that those who voted Leave are going to hear the words ‘I told you so’ a lot in the coming months and years. It will not take long for some to realise what they have lost, although others will say that the cost is worth it. It also will not take that long for many people to realise that they have been conned, although again most won’t believe it and will blame remainers, the EU etc.
The jingoistic bollocks of trying to get Big Ben to chime, seems like a metaphor for the whole sorry situation. A vast waste of money, for a ill conceived plan, that may not come to anything and is of no real benefit to anyone. Still I suppose it all stops people thinking about the dire state the country is in after ten years of destructive Tory rule.
Cheers
Well said
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Jak* wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:16 am Brilliant the soaraway Sun likens Brexit to an event that saw England taken over by a foreign power, the population virtually halved and most of the rest living in virtual slavery, with only the rich having much chance of a decent life. Perhaps they are trying to tell us something. :lol:
Cheers
Never had you down as a Sun Reader Jak.

Seriously the whole gamut of World Media is a joke they all simply pander to their market, I wouldnt single out the Sun any more than I would the Guardian or the New York times

I often Watch RT and Al Jazeera who of course peddle their own propaganda and its interesting to see/hear how such disparate viewpoints see identical world events.
It's up to the individual to form their own world views yet the majority can't be arsed thinking about it and simply delegate it to their favourite propaganda channel be it the Sun, the Guardian or some religious fruitcake
(Private Eye is perhaps a stand out but nothing is truley unbiased)

P.S.
One that struck me this morning was the reports that the Bank of England is portraying incoming Doom and considering further interest cuts, yet the IMF is predicting the UK to have modest yet greater growth than the Euro Zone

Take a look at the 2 organisations track records on economic predictions and decide for yourself
Its a trick............get an Axe
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Whilst I am aware that a lot of very intelligent people promoted and voted for Brexit this lady obviously was not one of them.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 94051.html
:lol:
Cheers

Return to “THE PUB”