Putain Merde

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
daveuprite

Putain Merde

Post by daveuprite »

Didn't have a great day yesterday.

Went to Limoges airport to collect my old mum for a couple of weeks stay with us.

Waiting in the arrivals lounge, her flight arrived on time - and she wasn't on it. Despite booking assistance for her at Southampton airport (she's 87) and my sister dropping her off at the UK end, it turns out she read her boarding pass all wrong and turned up at check in just after the flight departed. First I know at Limoges airport is a tannoy message for me to go to the queries desk. Your mother's missed her flight and is stranded in Southampton. The only workable solution? She must wait in Southampton for the next Flybe flight to anywhere vaguely nearby in France, which was the evening flight to La Rochelle. So I have to do a 6 hour round trip to collect her from there.

And on the way back, while simultaneously listening to her tale of woe, trying to phone Tracie and lowering the windows so my mum can have a smoke, I manage to speed through the only remaining working speed camera in south-west France. Flash. Nicked. That'll probably be 90 euros.

Fuck-a-doodle-do.

Anyway, lesson to those of you heading for France.... There are still some speed cameras left that haven't been burned to a crisp or removed by the government, Despite confusion about whether the country will repeal the new 80kmh speed limit on single carriageways, the 80 limit does still apply and you could get nicked for exceeding it.
chunky butt

Re: Putain Merde

Post by chunky butt »

Yep be aware, my elderly parents left a few weeks back and promptly received a speeding ticket when they got home......so warning guys the computers are talking to one another, and Dave I recently got done 72 in a 70, and 82 in a 80, on the same fecking day, bollocks.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Lots of merde all round there 😬
one-legged adventurer
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Proper bugger , but i'm dissapointed you didn't spray paint the camera David :twisted:

https://www.thelocal.fr/userdata/images ... 5d2c-2.jpg
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

And to cap it all, your old mum is probably complaining about the heat :D
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

chunky butt wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:07 pm Yep be aware, my elderly parents left a few weeks back and promptly received a speeding ticket when they got home......so warning guys the computers are talking to one another, and Dave I recently got done 72 in a 70, and 82 in a 80, on the same fecking day, bollocks.
If I'm really lucky (so that's hexed that then...) I'll be asked to surrender my UK licence and get a few points taken off a fresh french one - thus jumping the endless queue at Nantes. But that would be too good to be true. Knowing y luck I'd probably get it returned with my bike entitlement removed...
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

You and me both buddy....dans la merde :lol:

Return to “THE PUB”