The Motorbike Show

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Thedktor

The Motorbike Show

Post by Thedktor »

New series been on for a few weeks if you're interested....

Yes, Henry Cole is a bit annoying but you can't deny his enthusiasm,

Earlier episodes on ITV Hub, its signed but you soon ignore them.

Well, apart from episode 5 ;)
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701
Tonibe63

Re: The Motorbike Show

Post by Tonibe63 »

Thanks Steve, something to catch up on ;)
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

Part way through the first available episode on the ITV Hub I realise that its not a new series...
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

The last time Henry Cole was on the telly, I slowly and painfully inserted pins deep into my eyes one by one.

Infinitely preferable and quite pleasant comparatively...
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

As SHarper says, its not a not a new series, its S7 that was aired last year.
Must admit i do find HC a bit of a nobhead, but i always watch his shows and laugh at his odd quirks. But he makes a living indulging in his passion for motorcycles..... and who here wouldn't like to do that !!

And from one extreme to another..... the whole first series of SOA spin off Mayans MC is currently on bbc iplayer.
UKJeeper

Post by UKJeeper »

daveuprite wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:43 am The last time Henry Cole was on the telly, I slowly and painfully inserted pins deep into my eyes one by one.

Infinitely preferable and quite pleasant comparatively...
Simply changing over to another channel would have been much less painful.... :twisted:
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Anyway, isn't it a bit of a poor argument to just tell those who hate a certain program/channel or whatever to simply 'turn over then'. Isn't it better that people are encouraged to criticize things when they are crap in the hope that the quality improves? Better surely than directing people to turn away and look elsewhere?
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

daveuprite wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:57 pm Anyway, isn't it a bit of a poor argument to just tell those who hate a certain program/channel or whatever to simply 'turn over then'. Isn't it better that people are encouraged to criticize things when they are crap in the hope that the quality improves? Better surely than directing people to turn away and look elsewhere?
Or you could step up to the plate and male your own program to compete/show the others how it’s done.

I’m no Henry Cole fan but the series he’s made over the years are a lot better than mine or yours. He’s got the courage of his convictions and puts his money on the line.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I have always enjoyed all his programmes.
He is not so irritating as in his first appearances .. and in fact I am quite amused by his sense of humour.
He does quite a variety of subjects too, and can be very enlightening for some of us.
.. adv trips, travel, bike builds, buy/sell, interviews, visits, icons, etc
bet he earns a fair bit!!

No denying his passion for bikes 8-) 8-) 8-)
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

OnHellas wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:28 pm
daveuprite wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:57 pm Anyway, isn't it a bit of a poor argument to just tell those who hate a certain program/channel or whatever to simply 'turn over then'. Isn't it better that people are encouraged to criticize things when they are crap in the hope that the quality improves? Better surely than directing people to turn away and look elsewhere?
Or you could step up to the plate and male your own program to compete/show the others how it’s done.

I’m no Henry Cole fan but the series he’s made over the years are a lot better than mine or yours. He’s got the courage of his convictions and puts his money on the line.
Give it some thought and you'll see that doesn't really work. So I can't say "I don't like Beethoven" until I've written my own symphony? I can't criticize Buzz Aldrin unless I've also walked on the moon?

I've invested my own money in things over the years (not TV programs as it happens), but that didn't make me beyond criticism.

Return to “THE PUB”