qcnr

Re: Which bike?

Post by qcnr »

Small bike you say.
Honda Grom.... :D
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

fatowl wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:10 am I'm after something small to do the back roads around Dartmoor/Exmoor etc. I like pottering around taking in the scenery, usually at 30mph ish. I want somethong I can easily pick up should I drop it, as I ride solo. My off roading will be limited to very occaisional cart-tracks, nothing more.
C90, all day long baby!!!!!! 👍
A81BEC23-036E-4859-819B-3B129C555029.jpeg
A81BEC23-036E-4859-819B-3B129C555029.jpeg (191.5 KiB) Viewed 1602 times
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

I would agree with Richard that the Beta Alp might be a good compromise. I have an older ALP 4.0, it was actually the original demo bike, and it suits me just fine, Suzuki single 350cc engine, it will potter along the country lanes, I use it off tarmac, and it can keep up with A road and Motorway traffic too. I do find the seat a bit of a 'board' but then oddly enough I stand up most of the time.

My other current road bike for this work is a rather older Yamaha Serow 225 which fits the bill exactly for the country lanes and off tarmac but I don't like taking it on motorways or dual carriageways.

From what I have read and the folks I have spoken with then the Himalayan seems to be the replacement for me. You want a bike which can be left in a highish gear and yet plod around the lanes. On the show stands it feels like my old Norton ES2 which would take me anywhere around the Peak District at a relaxed pace. Unfortunately I have not ridden on, mainly because I might be tempted to spend money :lol:

As a more modern choice perhaps the Suzuki V-Strom 250 might be worth road testing.

Godspeed's C90 seems to get him just about everywhere.

What ever you buy, let us all know and how you get on with it. Safe riding.

TTFN

Hugh.
fatowl

Post by fatowl »

I had a C70 once, and really liked it, but I'm wanting MORE power than my current CG125 (10hp I think). as anyone ridden both a GS 310 AND a Himalayan for any distance/time ? I'd be interested in their views to compare and contrast. I've seen Nathan's reports on Bennets and Youtube and he raves about the RE.
When the weather sorts itself out I'll try for a test ride on the RE.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

There is the new Honda Super Cub...

Still around 10 hp like your CG (probably the same engine) but far more style... I'd love one of these as a little commuter or runabout. :D
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com

Return to “THE PUB”