Bike criminals

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
bill_qaz

Bike criminals

Post by bill_qaz »

Police drivers will have more legal protection if they are involved in a crash, in a bid to tackle criminals on mopeds, as part of Home Office plans.

New proposals aim to smash the "myth" that officers cannot pursue riders who are not wearing helmets.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44204844
kev.t

Re: Bike criminals

Post by kev.t »

good news
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

It will not make much of a difference.
Even if the police are involved in an accident and Johny the scrote gets killed due to his own misdeads, the IPOC (complaints dept) will persue the officer regardless of what the CPS decide.

This is potentially worse as the liklihood of sacking for 'gross misconduct' as is the norm under these circumstances is worse than being sacked for driving without due care etc.

e.g.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44156350
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

This is potentially worse as the liklihood of sacking for 'gross misconduct' as is the norm under these circumstances is worse than being sacked for driving without due care etc.

e.g.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44156350
Surely shooting as in the case you quote is a different issue

At least its a step on the side of the police and let the scrotes know that "No helmet No chase" is not true and officers will be supported in such cases.

Authorising them to shoot bike thieves would be fine with me ;)
Cone

Post by Cone »

I think the similarity is that an officer kills someone due to an intentional action.

It’s never a nice situation eh!
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

It's my experience that the usual outcome of more police powers is increased harm to the innocent, the unlucky and easy the target, police allready have more than enough powers, it's the implementation of such that needs major reform IMHO.
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

HedgeHopper wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:32 pm It's my experience that the usual outcome of more police powers is increased harm to the innocent, the unlucky and easy the target, police allready have more than enough powers, it's the implementation of such that needs major reform IMHO.
So what do you suggest ?
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

More police and a change in their attitude
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

Big Plus one on that. They always go for the easy target. Even traffic wardens are told not to ticket scrap looking motors as the system will just waste money trying to make them pay the fine. Also look at the revenue lost since they got rid of paper tax discs it’s in the millions. I know people who don’t bother as they stay local and no ANPR cameras. Also what about————- NO don’t get me started. Nige.

Return to “THE PUB”