Should police be allowed to chase motorcycles ?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
micksea

Re: Should police be allowed to chase motorcycles ?

Post by micksea »

First we had handbag snatching.then we had handbag snatching using scooters.then we had scooter theft using scooters.now we have scooter theft using acid and scooters.how long before we see people being machine gunned for a mobile phone? Life is becoming very cheap in this country
Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

micksea wrote:First we had handbag snatching.then we had handbag snatching using scooters.then we had scooter theft using scooters.now we have scooter theft using acid and scooters.how long before we see people being machine gunned for a mobile phone? Life is becoming very cheap in this country
The cheap life is the Innocent/victims and the looked after life is the scrotes
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
kev.t

Post by kev.t »

i wonder then, what should the police do in the following scenario.
moped gang 2 up, pillion throwing acid around while being followed by the police in close proximity. ram or continue to follow while the carnage unfolds.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

kev.t wrote:i wonder then, what should the police do in the following scenario.
moped gang 2 up, pillion throwing acid around while being followed by the police in close proximity. ram or continue to follow while the carnage unfolds.
Its a fairly easy quandry for most police officers..the acid throwing presents a serious risk of life changing injury, so like in any assault they would use as much reasonable force as necessary to prevent harm to the public ..the risk to the rider and pillion would be very secondary ...so finding the least harmful location to force them to stop would be the course of action the vast majority would take ...
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

kev.t wrote:i wonder then, what should the police do in the following scenario.
Ram.

The scrotes lose all rights once they choose to commit crime IMO.

The escalation to using corrosive liquids needs stamping out, hard.

An innocent persons eyesight vs a scrotes life? Simple choice.
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

You have to feel sorry for the Police involved in the Henry Hills Case,its unbelievable that the family think he should have been able to travel around the capital with impunity,@ucking unbelieveable.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36648806
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Pint Master wrote:You have to feel sorry for the Police involved in the Henry Hills Case,its unbelievable that the family think he should have been able to travel around the capital with impunity,@ucking unbelieveable.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36648806
A complete farce.
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Decco wrote:I'm pretty sure police on motorcycles have been chasing criminals for years.

It's also my view that police should be able to chase criminals regardless of what mode of transport they are using. I'm pretty sure they do chase bikes now. They chased me well over a ton to tell me what speed I was doing and lighten my wallet.
I used to chase stolen vehicles all the time at a safe distance as it were, on a moto ( and also in armoured Land Rovers/cars etc ).....with the absence of a helicopter you can give a running commentary (as you can stick with a car easier in towns ) to a base station on location, speed etc and what the the scummers are at live. You can direct other cars to set up stingers etc.

As an aside a good majority of the time I found that most scummers were pished or skied out and they'd be driving dangerously at high speed whether a cop was behind them or not....you'd usually get a call from the public reporting this behaviour long before an owner realised his car was nicked.

The usual weekends after pub/club closing meant the scummers needed a way to get home so they stole a car.....In this scenario there's always going to be a chance that e.g. your or my daughter, out also and coming home too, could get cleaned.

As always, if you can justify reasonable force was used in the circumstances at the time then you've a better chance as a cop from the suits thereafter along with all the others who weren't on the ground at the time seeing what you saw.....they'd be in bed after a nice nine to five turn with their weekends off. :whistle:

At the end of the day...a scummer usually only steals from a law abiding person who has worked and saved for what he/she has.....and that I suspect is the likes of most of us on this forum.....and how pished off you'd be when you found your pruk gone.

I'd try my hardest every time to catch the scummers for that reason because that's why I signed up, If I've done it right, there'd be a disorderly behaviour, resisting arrest and assault on police added on too. :whistle:

:)

Will It Buff Out?
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Crossrutted wrote:
Pint Master wrote:You have to feel sorry for the Police involved in the Henry Hills Case,its unbelievable that the family think he should have been able to travel around the capital with impunity,@ucking unbelieveable.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36648806
A complete farce.

Yip.....of course without knowing full details, from what I read and the way I think after....

"He was found to be carrying seven bags of skunk cannabis and multiple phones"

Based on what I've just read....dealer.....great potential to sell to your kids after pushing....I'm sure all his customers would've been peers.... all 17 and 18 yr olds...of course we're not happy to have him hanging around in the circle of our childrens friends.

All those phones belonged to some victim who no doubt worked and saved for same and to have this scummer come along and take them???

"The teenager had been stopped and searched at least 71 times between October 2011 and December 2014"

And?

She also said the police's use of stop and search was "of significant concern". Only 71 times in three years? That's not a lot for being a scummer known to local police.

This reads to me of good local plod keeping a tabs on him....every time they saw him.....search him. That's the kind of cops I want on the beat in my local. There's a good reason for that. Local plod is obviously getting info, probably from their own Sgt's....whilst on the ground if you see Hicks keep on top off that wee c++t.

I can see it all pan out....soft skin car sees him whilst on crime team patrol so try and stop him for whatever reason they've been briefed with or what hey've just seen going down....then when the scummer messes up it's someone else fault.

Imagine some parents being able to say "My son was a scummer...we couldn't control him...this direction in life could happen to you".... "The police did their duty, he was on the run from them and it was all of his own doing.....he was old enough to know better"

"We're glad no police officers were injured carrying out their duty whilst protecting members of our community"

Interesting to note that then BBC didn't report if Hicks was pished or skied out at the time.

I wonder why not...it'll be in the findings as part of toxicology ......it's relevant too?

:)
Will It Buff Out?
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

There were some downright hilarious comments from the 'partner' of the yardie from Birmingham who robbed the Co-Op in Ashby-de-la Zouch and ended up dying on the pavement after he was restrained by passers-by and his mate tried to rescue him by driving a car at them.
Dumb and Dumber!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-le ... e-40630033

Return to “THE PUB”