NEW LICENCE

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
john-g

Re: NEW LICENCE

Post by john-g »

I was chatting to a returning Biker a few weeks ago and looking at his licence it appeared he didn't nee L Plates, but to the right of the Vehicle group Code there was a Note code that when checked online showed he could only ride Outfits.
Har65

Post by Har65 »

When renewing my photo licence after 10 years I think it is , they require you to return your old
Photo licence ?
I might !!!! Ahemmmm , have said I'd lost my old photo licence
So if there was a discrepancy with the new one I miraculously
Might have found the old photo licence as evidence
Neighbour of mine had to take her car test again at 68 because she'd lost her licence in
A house move & was not on the dvla register .
Hard to believe but if she hadn't told me I'd have thought it to be an urban myth
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

i remember this case he was a national instructor for the police, having the evidence signed by the magistrate will act a sound evidence in ever in court. they could relive us of all qualifications everytime we change are licence, they are the dvla accountable
steve
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

I think it needs a couple of Cabinet members or other senior MP's to lose their entitlements this way for the DVLA to get the required kick up the jacksie...
But we know the computers are never wrong, and never go wrong, ask BA! :angry:
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

This is what happens when data is input on mass by the lowest bidder.
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

I don't see the issue here?
If you have cat A the you can ride anything so don't need A1 or A2 on your licence?
For what it's worth the wonderful DVLA also removed my bike licenece meaning that I had to do evertythung from theory, cbt, part one and two again four years ago!,,,
Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

Oddly enough, I do have in my possession a letter of apology from the DVLA - Yes I know it is unbelievable.
I moved house and they wrote me down as a new owner on my bike and my car. Needless to say I returned them pointing out that my name was the same in both the previous and current keeper box.
They returned them both correctly amended and only apologised for the car. Go figure. :pinch:
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

With renewing my vocational license every 5yrs and adding the numerous different driving test passes to my license over the years I'm currently on license number 14. Then there's the other different coloured photo cards issued by DVLA make my dealings with then somewhat frequent
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

Old Git Ray wrote:Oddly enough, I do have in my possession a letter of apology from the DVLA - Yes I know it is unbelievable.

I moved house and they wrote me down as a new owner on my bike and my car. Needless to say I returned them pointing out that my name was the same in both the previous and current keeper box.

They returned them both correctly amended and only apologised for the car. Go figure. :pinch:
hi ray, slightly off point, i filed my tax return a bit late, first time i have done one, got the £100 fine, rang them up and a nice lady put me in the direction of the excuses page (i kid you not) sent this off on line and at the weekend got a nice letter apologising and the fine waived.

there was a long list of excuses and you just take yer pic how mad is that,

steve
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

You can have a look at what the DVLA thinks your driving licence says here: -
https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
Don't know what you can do if it isn't what the actual licence in your hand says :huh:

Return to “THE PUB”