Post by Mac 60 »

hotbulb

Re: Bit careless.

Post by hotbulb »

Oooh! Sharp intake of breath :ohmy:
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

It's obvious that the two police officers intention was to bring the traffic to a halt or create a rolling road block.
Whilst the officer was a little rash in heading straight into lane three, in fairness he had his blue lights on, the car driver failed to read the situation and at least slowdown as the situation developed......its 70/30 in favour of the copper in my book.
micksea

Post by micksea »

can"t agree steve,i think the copper owes the driver a drink.as good as police riders are,they are human like the rest of us and he made a big mistake with his timing/speed/distance judgement there,granted he only had a split second glance to judge things but rushed manouveres cause most accidents
jkay

Post by jkay »

Terrible riding end of ,he could have acceleratedor slowed down and got the next car
Over confidence in others reactions is a killer when your on a bike
Earwig

Post by Earwig »

SteveW wrote:It's obvious that the two police officers intention was to bring the traffic to a halt or create a rolling road block.
Whilst the officer was a little rash in heading straight into lane three, in fairness he had his blue lights on, the car driver failed to read the situation and at least slowdown as the situation devopled.....its 70/30 in favour of the copper in my book.
He also had his eyes on the car throughout the lane change. Why didn't car slow for the police?
Mac 60

Post by Mac 60 »

I think there are a lot of assumptions being made on the car driver. We are all bikers and we know to well that drivers attention these days are rarely fully on the road. They dont expect the unexpected and are more distracted talking to passengers, mobile phones, CD players ect. The list goes on. Isent it safer to assume you havent been seen. There are a lot of drivers out their who are very old with failing eyesight and slow reactions to begin with. I know a few who i wouldnt get in a car with yet they are there. Surly a blue light dosent give you the right to pull any maneuvers. My father was an ambulance man for 20 odd years and told me even in an emergency they are obligated to obey the highway code. Of course they bend the rules in an emergency but if those actions cause an accident they are at fault. Maybe the rules have changed or are different for Police ?
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

SteveW wrote:It's obvious that the two police officers intention was to bring the traffic to a halt or create a rolling road block.
Whilst the officer was a little rash in heading straight into lane three, in fairness he had his blue lights on, the car driver failed to read the situation and at least slowdown as the situation devopled.....its 70/30 in favour of the copper in my book.
I don't agree that it's 70/30 in favour of the copper.He hardly gave the car driver time to brake in time,but whoever was in the right it's the copper who's going to get hurt if he got hit.A dodgy manoeuvre to expect someone else to react the way you want them to.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

The copper assumed because the black Peugeot had braked, he could pull out...but he pulled out far too violently and was out of control.
He did a rear obs, but only when he'd already initiated the manouvre, which was so vigorous he couldn't control it.
He's joining the major road, so its for him to yield: the blue light on a stick makes no difference. It gives him no right to barge across a multilane motorway.
Lastly...I couldn't see his indicator flashing...
Mirror, signal, manouvre....
Perhaps he'd forgotten the first two.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Rider initiating a rolling closure...you can see them on the slip road for several seconds, the black car reacts at least 5 seconds before dashcam man ..copper seems aware that the lane 3 car was not reacting as he stays in lane 2 ...... its a dangerous job on a bike and the riders know how others react ( or dont) ..dashcam man may well not like it but i doubt the rider was fazed ....

Return to “THE PUB”