Bit careless.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
catcitrus

Re: Bit careless.

Post by catcitrus »

I agree--try that in Germany on an unrestricted part of the motorway--I have been passed by a Porsche when I was doing 120 like I was standing still!!!--you NEVER change lanes without a pause and a mirror check.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

My view is that the copper knew he'd got it wrong. Look at his lean angle as he gets near lane 3. I reckon he shit himself at that point.
Also the driver should have slowed when he saw the blue lights coming down the slip anyway, but that's a separate issue, the copper is the one at fault here (in my opinion)
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

catcitrus wrote:I agree--try that in Germany on an unrestricted part of the motorway--I have been passed by a Porsche when I was doing 120 like I was standing still!!!--you NEVER change lanes without a pause and a mirror check.
He isnt joining or merging ...hes attempting to close the motorway, so the rest of the convoy can join without being broken up.....he NEEDS to close it at the start of the slip, hence why time is important ...its a difficult and dangerous move and he knows that ...hence why he gets back when he realises camera car isnt going to react to the blue lights....its not normal riding and YES they do exactly the same when joining an autobahn ...
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

His rear off-side indicator wasn't flashing.
The copper was riding like a self-important tool.
And to what purpose???
Training...in what exactly?...idiotic riding, perhaps.
Reminds me of the standing joke that MCN reporters used to make.
"So and so has ruled himself out of the champion ship after a practice crash...we've been watching him all season and he's had loads of practice crashing!"
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:His rear off-side indicator wasn't flashing.

And to what purpose???

"So and so has ruled himself out of the champion ship after a practice crash...we've been watching him all season and he's had loads of practice crashing!"
Hard to tell for sure but looks like both hazards are flashing ....? It certainly has blue lights flashing which are sort of visible on the slip road several seconds before they join the main carriageway...

No point repeating myself ...but its not 'riding' as you know it...you wont ever have to do what they are doing ...they do it with good operational reasons and thats what they train for ...i have no idea why they were doing it on this occasion but Im sure it wont have been just for the hell of it ....
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Gedge wrote:

And to what purpose???

Hard to tell for sure but looks like both hazards are flashing ....? It certainly has blue lights flashing which are sort of visible on the slip road several seconds before they join the main carriageway...

No point repeating myself ...but its not 'riding' as you know it...you wont ever have to do what they are doing ...they do it with good operational reasons and thats what they train for ...i have no idea why they were doing it on this occasion but Im sure it wont have been just for the hell of it ....
You surely have to admit that he made a mistake here?
anagallis_arvensis

Post by anagallis_arvensis »

I'm not sure he made a mistake as such. He was making a risky move, he had an eye on the car in the outside lane and when the car driver didnt react the cop avoided getting squished.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Mike54 wrote:
Gedge wrote:

And to what purpose???

You surely have to admit that he made a mistake here?
Its not an exact science ...he wanted camera car to stop, when he realises hes not going to he gets out of the way ...for other examples where police use vehicles unconventionally, look for videos of tactical contact, tpac or pitt manoeuvre.......nobody likes being inconvenienced, and it wouldnt have been his intention to alarm the driver...he judges that others have seen him, so if you accept that matey in the car didnt see him, then yes he misjudged his move...but clearly he was alert to the possibility and reacted immediately to avoid any more drama ...as i said originally, i doubt he was particularly fazed that he had to reposition ....my only purpose in posting is to clarify that this was not just a biker joining the motirway and getting it wrong, it was a specific tactical move ....
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

Tactical Move. :laugh: :laugh: Splat.
So the driver gets the blame in the event of a crash.
The guys riding and awareness of other road users was shit.
We all make mistakes now and then, just because the rider is a copper does not make him a perfect rider. On this occasion he got it wrong and was bloody lucky to get away with it.
Quote.
He isn't joining or merging ...he's attempting to close the motorway.
Yep a decent pile up generally works as one way to close a motorway. :laugh: :laugh:
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

daytona-supersport wrote:Tactical Move. :laugh: :laugh: Splat.
So the driver gets the blame in the event of a crash.
The guys riding and awareness of other road users was shit.
We all make mistakes now and then, just because the rider is a copper does not make him a perfect rider. On this occasion he got it wrong and was bloody lucky to get away with it.
There was no crash ..an event that the rider was not only aware of but took steps to avoid ,...which is rather better than the car drivers awareness..but dont fret, in the event that it had gone wrong the rider would have got the blame ...now im going to leave this to the armchair experts ....have fun....

Return to “THE PUB”