She's at it again....

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
DaveCon

Re: She's at it again....

Post by DaveCon »

Assuming you're right handed...

Do you leave your left arm to fend for itself because your don't really need it? No you look after it too because they're part of your "whole" body and come in useful sometimes.

Similarly why would your left arm want independence?

We're all part of the same tiny island. It doesn't make sense to me :(
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Alan29 wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:
Alan29 wrote:second we needed that EU money decided by expert civil servants on a basis of need, because we had been neglected for decades by Westminster politicians. The reason ... politicians give money where the votes are to be gained
And though this seems to be turning into another EU thread, and not a Scottish Indy thread, there is a massive part of the Scottish argument for independence, because it is most certainly true.
Yes, but ...... Westminster gives Scotland £1000 per year for each member of its population because their spending exceeds their income.
The whole point of society is that it doesn't work on what you bring in to decide what you should get out.

If Scotland want to leave they've have to accept that they will be economically worse off.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I think the arguments for Scottish independence and Brexit are very similar. The difference is that many Scots want independence because they feel let down by the Westminster politicians and many people voted remain because they have more faith in the EU over certain matters like employment law and environmental issues than they do in the Westminster government. Also virtually every economist that I have seen or heard says that the UK benefits far more financially from the EU than we pay in. I think Alan29 is right the way that the EU used funds to help deprived areas is not likely to be replicated by our current government.
Whilst I can understand some people feel passionately about the Scottish issue one way or another what I don't quite get is why so many people on here seem so upset by Nicola Sturgeon. She is the leader of the Scottish National party (the clue is in the name) and was elected by a significant majority or an anti austerity ticket, it seems to me that she is doing exactly what she was elected to do. Maybe us English people can't get our head round that idea, we are so used to deceit, broken promises and double dealing from our politicians.
The town I live in voted in a similar way to Scotland on the Brexit issue. A lot of us who live here would vote for independence from Westminster government at the moment. :laugh:
Cheers Jak
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Well said,Theresa.About time Sturgeon was reminded who's in charge! (thumbs)
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

sprintster wrote:Well said,Theresa.About time Sturgeon was reminded who's in charge! (thumbs)
Yes!

Scotland's population is less than 10% of the UK overall, but its Scotland this, Scotland that throughout the media.(That BBC political editor crone is Scottish and is far too Edinburghcentric - let's get her replaced!)

It's about time the rest of the UK got some focus - we've heard far too much about Scotland in the last few years.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

At the moment I think May is the biggest supporter of Scottish independence. If I was a Scot her condescending, arrogant comments would drive me to vote to leave. Maybe that is her plan.
Cheers Jak
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Nothing to do with politics but isn't Eddie Izzard looking rough nowadays? :whistle:
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_SavedImages_ScotlandSturgeonMapper-781435.jpg
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_SavedImages_ScotlandSturgeonMapper-781435.jpg (37.7 KiB) Viewed 2242 times
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

I want Scotland to go it's own way but it won't.

Despite what some people on here might think the Scottish voters know wha is going on here. A new vote to leave the UK and stay in the EU means the Euro!....and of course that's a great idea isn't it.

No the Scottish people will not vote leave as they now know that it will screw them over if they do as the game has changed.

The vote is simple....do you want the pound or the euro and all the crap that it has brought?

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

The trouble is, the silly woman doesn't want to accept that.
She wants her idealised idea of scotland and is tarring everyone with the same brush.

Why don't they just commission a Mori Poll and see what comes up.
No great cost and no commitment.

Stolen from KTM forum: http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go& ... %3C%2Fb%3E
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “THE PUB”