Look love it`s like this

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
sussex miler

Look love it`s like this

Post by sussex miler »

Well that`s how the conversation started followed by " you know it`s christmas" Oh the things we say to our wives just before we tell them we`ve added another bike to the garage.

The bike is a xt660 (09) with less than 6000 miles on the clock . Friend is giving up biking and offered it to me at a absolute killer price that i couldn`t say no too.

Now what i need from you guy`s is the answer to THAT question " Why do you need more than one bike???) I have a million good reasons in my head,but not one that makes sense to her!!HELP :(
videoman

Re: Look love it`s like this

Post by videoman »

If I want something I tell the wife and just buy it, don't feel the need to justify it and she does the same. Life's too short not to have what you want if you can afford it.

Suppose I'm lucky really though.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

The answer if youve forgotten it is...never mind luv look what ive bought you .....

Weekend break in Kuala Lumpur works everytime for me...ladies go enjoy
sussex miler

Post by sussex miler »

Money not the issue, she never worries about what i spend,i just tell her everything was a bargain :) She just can`t get round the idea of needing more than one bike. I`ve tried the "it`s like shoes ,which she has many! they all have their own character " but no joy,

Maybe she`s bought me a new bike for xmas :woohoo: :laugh:
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Bikes are like handbags. They all essentially do the same thing, but at certain times, or in certain situations/environments, one is better than the others.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I've got by for years on the principle that it's much easier to seek forgiveness than permission.

She'll come to terms with it eventually whereas asking in advance might never get a positive response.
sussex miler

Post by sussex miler »

Maybe an weekend on the Isle of wight, if she takes the kids and dog. What a break i`d have...Now to google B&B`s on the Isl............
macdee

Post by macdee »

Buying bikes and coming home drunk are the same
If you come in with your cap in your hand and ask can you have another bike she will chew the head of you
Same as coming home drunk , open the door creep up stairs not a sound into the bedroom cloths off quite as a little mouse then she's strike where the f have you been look at the time bla bla bla
Now fall in through door taking out phone table stomp up the stairs and kick open the bedroom door with your boot
And tell her to brace herself , not a word and better still most of the time she will play dead
Good luck
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

AlanHolt wrote:Bikes are like handbags. They all essentially do the same thing, but at certain times, or in certain situations/environments, one is better than the others.

You have a handbag??

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:)

Will It Buff Out?
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

AndyB wrote:I've got by for years on the principle that it's much easier to seek forgiveness than permission.

She'll come to terms with it eventually whereas asking in advance might never get a positive response.
the old pleasure with pain and if you took it back to the shop you would only get half of what you payed

bargain

stevw

Return to “THE PUB”