Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
threepot

Leicester FC

Post by threepot »

I've only been a fan for a week,and we've already won the Premiership! :P
AndyB

Re: Leicester FC

Post by AndyB »

I turned down a ticket for the game on Saturday when they'll pick up the trophy otherwise you could have had it.

My wife is still going and I'm now wishing I'd taken the offer up because it'll be a hell of a party in the town centre both before and after the game. She actually had 4 tickets available and when I said she should get rid of them to Leicester supporters her reply was if they wanted to go regularly they'd be season ticket holders :pinch:
jaz1259

Post by jaz1259 »

I think its bloody awsome! A massive underdog team like that winning the pinnicle of english football
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I think it's great as well.
With all the Sky money coming into the Premership the smaller clubs have more of a chance of success because clubs are less reliant on gate receipts.
I must also mention my club Burnley FC, their success in gaining promotion to The Premier League for he second time in three seasons is less of a story than Leicester's achievement.....but it's still pretty good.
The second smallest English town to have a professional football team, no mega wealthy foreign investors (no English mega wealthy investors either) and a British manager with a squad of players only one of which was born outside of the U.K.
Leicester's success gives hope to clubs like Burnley, Palace, Swansea, Stoke, Ipswich, Derby, Hull, Forest, etc......
GreenT

Post by GreenT »

Nearly as good as Forest when they came up from Div2 and won it 1st attempt :whistle:

Truly though its revived my flagging interest in football. Fantastic achievement !!
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I was waiting for Burnley to be dropped into the conversation :)
Mawsley

Post by Mawsley »

Lifelong City fan from before and during our absolute shit phase, but the season ticket was cancelled when I began shotokan on Saturdays. Would love to have gone this weekend but it's not to be, it's been impossible to grab tickets all season because of the 'new fans'.

Great time for the club, mind.
Africa Twin
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I love an underdog story. Football is generally all about greed, these plucky fellows (who are about to be rich) showed that there is more to sport than money (thumbs)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Mawsley wrote:Lifelong City fan from before and during our absolute shit phase, but the season ticket was cancelled when I began shotokan on Saturdays. Would love to have gone this weekend but it's not to be, it's been impossible to grab tickets all season because of the 'new fans'.

Great time for the club, mind.
Those 'new fans' are the ones that didn't give up after the team narrowly avoided relegation last season aren't they?

Over the last few weeks there have been stories floating around the internet regarding the price being asked for tickets on Saturday and surely the club can keep an eye on the usual places selling tickets, check who the original buyer was and ban them from every game in the future?

I really hate ticket touts no matter what the sport or occasion :angry:
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I don't like the concept of looking down on so called "New Fans" either. I followed my club through thin and thin I think it is great when more people come on the ground to watch a successful team.
As a biker would I look down on "New Bikers?" Absolutely not, they are the life blood of biking.

Return to β€œTHE PUB”