Harley,s can cover the miles ?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
sprintster

Re: Harley,s can cover the miles ?

Post by sprintster »

I'm no fan of Harleys but I do notice quite a few get ridden all year round in any weather.I couldn't be bothered with the polishing afterwards myself though.
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

its all in a bit of fun its hardly dangerous (did yer see what i did there) goin bed now

steve
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

As I've mentioned before, rode my Electra Glide all over Europe, Alps and Pyrenees etc, the deserts of west USA, for 11 years. Might not be the fastest or easiest in negotiating hairpins, but without question has been the most reliable and most comfortable bike I've ridden. Would certainly get another if finances and storage allowed. Wouldn't dream of having a bike transported. (except ferries of course) As they say, 'It's all about the journey, not the destination'.
lmac

Post by lmac »

I'm no fan of Harleys but I do notice quite a few get ridden all year round in any weather.I couldn't be bothered with the polishing afterwards myself though.
Couple of rags and a drop of ACF50 will do nicely.
As I've mentioned before, rode my Electra Glide all over Europe, Alps and Pyrenees etc, the deserts of west USA, for 11 years. Might not be the fastest or easiest in negotiating hairpins, but without question has been the most reliable and most comfortable bike I've ridden. Would certainly get another if finances and storage allowed. Wouldn't dream of having a bike transported. (except ferries of course) As they say, 'It's all about the journey, not the destination'.
As above, and hope to carry on doing it :) .
moto al

Post by moto al »

IT must be camp coffee :whistle:
image_2016-03-23-2.jpeg
image_2016-03-23-2.jpeg (86.5 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
moto al
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

moto al wrote:
image_2016-03-21.jpeg
Born to be WILD :whistle:
I've read about this service. You ride up to the cafe and load your Harley onto a trailer. When there's a few bikes the van driver trailers the bikes through a series of bends in the road. Once on the straight again, the bikes are unloaded and off you go.

At the next bend in the road, another van/trailer awaits. A bit like ferrys across rivers but not.

:laugh:
devon john

Post by devon john »

DaveCon wrote:
moto al wrote:
image_2016-03-21.jpeg
Born to be WILD :whistle:
I've read about this service. You ride up to the cafe and load your Harley onto a trailer. When there's a few bikes the van driver trailers the bikes through a series of bends in the road. Once on the straight again, the bikes are unloaded and off you go.

At the next bend in the road, another van/trailer awaits. A bit like ferrys across rivers but not.

:laugh:
i think you will find these bike are part of the Eagle riders ,, you ride the 3000mls across the US then fly home ,the bikes are then picked up for the return trip ,, then off again
some have 100,000mls up ,,,,,,,
boatman

Post by boatman »

I can assure you they are not all trailer queens,
Met a couple of chaps in the states a couple of years ago who had already ridden starship milage on the bikes and were about halfway through a mega milage trip when we met
steve172

Post by steve172 »

To be fair, I'll mock a Harley. But not this morning, I had one right up my hoop whilst filtering through rush hour Glasgow on my 990R... I couldn't filter quick enough!
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Now thats Harley suprising :D

Return to “THE PUB”