EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
daveuprite

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by daveuprite »

byewayrider wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:51 pm Wrong we are the United Kingdom not the 26 dithering States who all have their own agenda.... The great wars proved that in a fight they are all yellow bellied turncoat.... That's why the Great Britain and the commonwealth and the USA after some words from Churchill sorted the tyrants out...

They are all pompous self opinionated assholes... Give me a straight talking poor person anyday.... The euro lot deserve all they get...
NURSE !
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

byewayrider wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:51 pm Wrong we are the United Kingdom not the 26 dithering States who all have their own agenda.... The great wars proved that in a fight they are all yellow bellied turncoat.... That's why the Great Britain and the commonwealth and the USA after some words from Churchill sorted the tyrants out...

They are all pompous self opinionated assholes... Give me a straight talking poor person anyday.... The euro lot deserve all they get...
Jeez. Where'd you get this shite from? Head up your own arse again?
Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

The more you read about it, the more embarrassing this episode looks. It's complete nonsense for the tabloids to portray it as EU hostility. It's not that at all. But it's certainly incompetence. A huge mistake. And it puts into question the leadership of Ursula Von Der Leyen. Brexiteer politicians never gave a damn about the effect of hard brexit on the fragility of the GFA, so those who are now faking their anger about it are total hypocrites, but all the serious players did care about the border issues. So tossing it into the vaccine row by invoking Article 16 of the WA was bloody reckless. Can't imagine this would have happened under Barrosso or Junker. It's a basic error.

She knows it and is probably in fear of her job/career right now, quite rightly. The saving grace is one of the fastest political U-turns in recent times. The UK government spent 5 years undermining the Irish peace process and the EU just spent 5 hours doing it. People like Johnson tend to make a cock-up and go straight into denial/blame-others mode, which for me makes it much worse. Look at his support of Cummins, his multiple covid lockdown mistakes, schools policy, PPE procurement, NHS underinvestment etc etc - the list could go on and on. Admitting a mistake is an important strength and a test of character, which sadly few of our leaders possess.

Article here from today's Observer:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... h-brussels
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Interesting view on the Bad Friday debacle here:

Most telling how it got Brexiteers, Remainers, DUP, Sinn Fein and the governments of the UK and Eire all uniting against the EU commision :lol:
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

i remember this broadcast .. i was shocked at its forthrightness and honesty ...
glad you salvaged a recording of it 8-) 8-)

i notice the bbc is getting more opinionated and less bland news distributor .. but i agree with most of what they say
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Not sure which thread this belongs in. There are several options now... :D

Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Ros Atkins is going to be off Boris's and Ursula's Christmas card list I suspect:

scutty

Post by scutty »

I love the way CGP Grey discusses Brexit:

and

Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Sorry, but that guy hasnt a clue what he is talking about
Its a trick............get an Axe
scutty

Post by scutty »

Asgard wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:35 pm Sorry, but that guy hasnt a clue what he is talking about
Really? Want to point what he gets wrong?

Return to “THE PUB”